Denver or Breckenridge wine store?

Thank you for the great suggestions. I will likely use Applejack as they have what we will need to get through the week, including beer and booze.

If any berserkers are wine hunting in the greater Aspen area, I’ve always been intrigued by this place:

I’ve never been, but it pops up in wine-searcher fairly often for older stuff, usually at competitive prices.

If anyone goes, let us know if it’s worth a detour someday.

Greetings, Jeff: Coming to Breck next week for a rare( our fault) summer visit. Does HS have a corkage fee?
We come out early in December to enjoy the beginning of the Christmas season but avoid the huge ski crowds which roll in for the holidays and beyond.
We truly miss the tapas at the old Alpine in the bar. Glenn had a knack for wine parings. Thanks!

1 Like

Sadly BYO is not allowed in Colorado

There is a very good store on 82, just east of Carbondale called Catherine’s Store. Good selection, fair prices, not cheap. You will find many interesting wines.

1 Like

I can’t imagine Breckenridge having good prices. Aspen would be even more.

Colorado is a sea of commercial, high volume wine. Your chances of walking into and wine/liquor store and finding something interesting or unique is pretty low. Might have a better chance winning the lottery.

Applejack has the best selection far and away. You can find a few nice things rochioli, Orin swift, prisoner, Williams selym, kosta browne, etc

You will need to drive over to Boulder to the Boulder Wine Merchant to to find anything unique. They mostly focus on Europe and prices are expensive, but they are the closest I’ve found to to what I think of a a true “wine shop”

Do not wait until you get to Breck or you will be drinking Barefoot or Black Box.