Defining the term "ballah bottle"

So, his spelling rendered you unable to understand the thread?

neener

You should ban yourself for posting something so asinine.

image.jpg

I think it’s any wine that’s a combination of old, rare, hard to find, expensive, and/or that the wine geek is making an effort to share something special to her or him. I think that it’s baller-esque when a college student that usually drinks $9 bottles brings a $35 bottle to a tasting group. It’s someone that’s clearly trying to be generous…and I think that happens all the time in the wine community.

The term is almost always used here to refer to mega tastings, usually 10+ epic wines in one dinner. I’ve rarely seen it used in reference to a single bottle.

Or ostentatious. And that happens all the time in the wine world, too. [wink.gif]

It’s the wine you Instagram or Twittah about.

Anyone who uses the term baller non-ironically is an asshole. It is slightly more acceptable to use the term ironically, as when someone tells you he bought a Muscadet by the case.

Esp. on words we make up.

The proper definition of ballah bottle is anything Kevin Shin writes tasting notes on.

You’re correct. You aren’t the “unhip” one here :wink:

Yes…I’ve run into a few of those as well. Thank goodness it’s been only a few. [cheers.gif]

I think Keith’s criticism is a bit excessibe

I had to click “Display this post” to see it as my buddy Keith is on my special list. [Personal attack removed by admin] [snort.gif]

It’s not ironic if it’s Pepiere Clisson! :wink:

If you have to ask…

For someone who claims to dish it out so heavily it’s pretty funny you need to resort to safe spaces.