Decent Chardonnay reccos?

+1 for sure on the Hamilton Russell. Best QPR Chard on the planet

Hartford Court it is. Picked some up and a couple of bottles of Rom Cougar Juice thrown in for good measure. And a bottle of Dumol, which I haven’t had in years, for moi.

And a 2010 Smith Haut Lafitte because, well, you know, it was there, I was there, I was already buying stuff…you know how it is…

Thanks everyone!!

Jordan is always good and reasonably priced

My pick at $25 would be the Walter Hansel Estate Chard.

Absolutely agree with this. Hard to beat for the money. Also Ramey Russian River or Sonoma. Great chard’s as well.

Rivers Marie Sonoma Coast

Dude.

Throw them cougars in the SUV, and take them winery hopping on the North Fork.

Or, if they’re closer, the Fingerlakes.

Them broads will have the time of their lives.

Wine country is really gorgeous this time of year.

And after the second or third winery, they won’t be able to tell the difference between Chardonnay and Single Malt Scotch.

A great pick, as well!

I recently had an Italian Chardonnay from Tuscany that would be perfect. Lamelle Chardonnay from the Il Borro estate. Very clean wine. No oak flavors. Pretty.

Just got a call from a friend looking for this same type recommendation. I suggested the Mount Eden Edna Valley Chardonnay. Best Cali Chard under $25 in my opinion.

My wife is a chardonnay drinker.

From Costco, I get her Ferrari-Carano, Landmark Overlook and Neyers, all under $25.

The Neyers is usually the best one.

Sonoma-Cutrer Russian River isn’t bad.

Depending on the year, Kendall Jackson’s area specific chardonnays (like Monterey) are good.

Their $10 2015 Vintner’s Reserve was excellent. Not as good in 2016 and we haven’t yet tried the 2017.

Domaine de Roally Viré-Clessé Tradition

Paul, the MATTHIASSON Linda Vista from Napa is excellent, usually around 28-30 bucks. It’s made in a crisper cleaner style, sans all the vanilla, glycerine and junk like that.

Here is a link if you want to see the wine I am talking about… https://www.matthiasson.com/wines/detail?item=2017-matthiasson-napa-valley-chardonnay-linda-vista-vineyard

I haven’t had their chard, but I have enjoyed their rose

I had to Google “cougar juice”. Haha. I think there are plenty of $20 wines that fit that bill.

I first heard that term a few years back over lunch with Justin Harmon of Argot. Immediately died laughing and knew exactly what kind of Chardonnay he was referencing.

Since this thread is still going I was thinking Ramey rrv could please a wide range of people, although it’s been a couple of years since I’ve had it.

A few years ago I had an unusual problem using a Matthiasson Chardonnay for a work event. As part of our summer associate social program, we had a chef come in to teach us to cook a few dishes and to discuss food and wine pairings. I was asked to buy wines based on certain categories he laid out but did not know his purposes for the comparisons he wanted to make. For one category, I was asked to buy a French Chablis and a California Chardonnay. Once I got to the event, I saw that what he wanted was to show how the Chablis tasted better with the food than did an oaky Chardonnay. Well, the Matthiasson I got was not an oaky Chardonnay but a very well balanced wine that went beautifully with the food. The chef seemed disappointed (that he could not show his comparison) but also impressed with how beautifully made the Chardonnay from Matthiasson was. A very long way of saying excellent suggestion Frank. [winner.gif]

+1. Very nice rose.