de Vogue Musigny - 2013/2014/2016?

Friends,
it is true what William says : you can buy lots of very good wine for the price of a MUSIGNY. Still, it is a unique experience drinking one from Vögue, Roumier or Mugnier. I never tasted LEROY but from what wine journalists write it should be sublime (it ought to be for that price as should all MUSIGNYS). However, they are made rare. The fact that Mugnier withdraws them from the market because “they are drunk way too young” sounds like they will be for sale admittedlly later but also at an inflated price. Christohe Roumier withdrew his MUSIGNY for vintages 15 and 6 too but suddenly they cost 1300 Euros a bottle. Quite understandably given the fact they seem to be bought as an investment rather than wine to be drunk and enjoyed by far too many customers. Stilll,as something special (a wedding anniversary was mentioned)when you have the chance :: BUY. ONe : it will be an intellectual joy drinking it while listening to NICK DRAKE or VAN MORRISON’s ASTRAL WEEKS. (Both Mugnier and Neal Martin love to talk about music whenever wines are discussed…

Sincerely JOHAN

Friends,

I must add the following : I do not understand that some already pass judgement on vintages like 2015. I tasted with Master of Wine Jan De Clercq and even he couldn’t make up his mind where the CLOS de TART 2015 was going to. So the fact that you did not like the Musigny 2015 NOW does not necessarily mean that it cannot be a great wine…It solely does not deliver at this very moment which is quite normal for the vintage

SINCERELY JOHAN