Date Change - Grand Cru Burgs in Northern Virginia - Now September 1?

Considering we don’t have a location yet, you should be fine, but I’ll wait for Gabe to get organized. I’ll be +1 or 2 as well.

I’d be interested in coming as well…although I can’t help thinking it will be a big pain to keep wines at the proper temperature on DC public transit in July or August. September might be the best time for OLs.

Please see updated OP.

If anyone has ideas on restaurant, please let me know. I’ll be making some calls this week to flush out our options as far as location.

2941 is always very good but it’s not near Metro. GBarkley, if there is any interest, I could call them to see if they would have a group wine dinner / waive corkage etc. Just let me know.

I’m in–sorry for the delay. Can’t make it til I close up the shop, but I can be somewhere by 7:30. Thinking a '99 Groffier Bonnes Mares will do the trick.

Thanks Tim, updated the OP.

James,
Thank you for the offer. I considered 2941 as well, but was a little turned off by the lack of metro on behalf of those coming from DC. For those without cars, would this be a problem?

I reached out to Tallula and it sounds like a no go. They will not allow us to bring a bottle per person (though they will relax their policy from the two bottles per table limit to an unstated number greater than two and less than twelve) and can also not accomodate a group of 12-15 during what turns out to be restaurant week.

I wouldn’t recommend Tallula anymore anyway. Barry’s out and there’s noone really running the kitchen as of now.

Another idea but also Metro challenged but maybe cabs would work for everyone- the new place called “Michelle’s” in the Tysons Corner Ritz hotel. The chef is Michelle Richard ( 3 star Michelin chef ) who owns Citronelle and Central in DC. The theme is upscale / modern bistro and the food is great. They have a private dining room that holds approx 12 or 14 comfortably with plenty of room for staging. Also, being a hotel, there is a cab stand at the hotel at all times to get people safe transportation. Have connection to the manager so I could make the call if group thought this venue / location / cab instead of metro could work.

That sounds great to me. Hopefully a couple people from the DC crowd can weigh in. It isn’t too long a cab ride from Falls Church West either if people want to do that. Does that work for those in DC?

I used to cook for Michel back at Citronelle. I haven’t kept close contact with him, but there is a semi-relationship there–I’ll see if I can track him down. Most likely I’ll have to stop by Citronelle to see him, as he will probably hang up on any voice that is not immediately recognizable to him, unless he’s changed immeasurably since the days that I saw him everyday. There is not a great chance that I’ll have time to do this before next Thursday, so if we decide on Michel, I’d go ahead and use your connection. Just let me know if it’s a go and if I should try and get in touch with him. It never hurts to have multiple connections.

I am new to Wine Beserkers and am a Burgundy lover. James Cahill kindly informed me of this event. I’d be interested in attending if there’s room.

Roland

Consider yourself included! Looking forward to meeting you.

Put me down for a +1.

18th works for me. Please consider me confirmed.

Are we including Chablis? I can also bring a 2002 William Fevre Chablis Grand Cru Bougros Côte Bouguerots if it passes…

Tim - is chablis a part of Burgundy?

newhere

Roundaboutsish? Ok, it was a stretch. Only have 1er Chards like Lambrays from Burg.

Although technically, Burgundy runs from Chablis down to Beaujolais…

[highfive.gif]

In light of recent threads I guess I should clarify - lets say Cote d’Or and Chablis Grand Cru 2002 or older.