DALLAS FORT WORTH Berserker Event in November

I’m losing PMs. Bill, I didn’t receive one from you. Michael, I’ve received and responded to your email. I think we could do a Friday evening at Grailey’s and cater in Pecan Lodge BBQ (just about the best in the state for you foreigners). They do pulled pork, brisket, beef rib, pork ribs. No sauce (though their sauce is good). Not too refined, but they also have good fried chicken for those whites. Reasonable price per head, lot of food, Texas-centric.

Night 2, the follow Sat., would be hosted by a berserker. I should be good to host in November, and know others have nice pads as well. I’m near DFW for you out of towners, and probably a similar drive from Plano, Frisco, Arlington, Southlake, and Dallas. Just did a kitchen reno and be fine cooking. Ovens and Big Green Egg.

Joe, Jeb (maybe), Bill, Michael, Me. A lurker attorney friend and a lurker consultant bud would also be down at least one night, guaranteed. There are a few others good for a good offline who did not catfish me on previous occasions despite my wife’s request I bring a rape whistle.

Love to get CJ Beaz to play so I can hear stories about Ben Hogan.

November 9-10. Before too close to Halloween. Later too close to Thanksgiving.

Thoughts?

I can sit 10 at my dining room table and 4 at a bar right next to it, but that’s my max sitting and eating capacity. If we’re going to get 20 people and BYOB at a restaurant, I’ll be taking suggestions from those in the know. The 10-12 works with Grailey’s private room as well.

Screw Pecan Lodge. I can cater for 50 if we can do it on a Saturday.

SRF Brisket
TX Kielbasa
Mac and Cheese
Borracho Beans

Nov 9-10 might not work for me - checking with ‘the boss’ as we have a tentative event in the calendar

Thanksgiving is on the 22nd this year so probably need to go before that. As for us, we leave for Cuernavaca for a wedding after Thanksgiving.

From my perspective, smaller groups present less logistical challenges and allow for decent pours. Larger groups are harder to manage in almost all respects.

If we do Nov 16-18 I’m in

I am interested. I am in the midst of youth sportsaplooza. So would have to be evening and nights. Only weekend I know is out is Nov 16-18 weekend.

We can do 16 - 18 too.

16-18 works. Waiting on a pm back from KJJ must be like the girls waiting on me to call them-back when I was dating, payback I suppose.

KJJ breaking all them hearts. I can just see the country music song writing itself.

Gentlemen,

November 16-18 works for me. I am awaiting two things: (i) sign off from the wife to host at our house on Saturday the 17th; and (ii) confirmation from Grailey’s re Back Room reservation and obligations for same.

Idea here is 5:00 Friday shotgun start at Grailey’s. Champagne meet and greet followed by Texas BBQ. I will likely ensure there is some fried chicken so we can sling whites and reds. Note that Texas BBQ is optional sauce and beef focused, so reds are pretty much all in play.

Saturday would be 5:00 meet and greet at my house, followed by dinner. Our table seats 10 and bar seats another 4. Dinner will be something casual.

I should have estimated costs on all food/location costs by the middle of this week. Please email me at JKane@KRCL.com if you are a likely YES participant on those dates and let me know number in party.

If the plans change, my wife is away Veterans Day weekend 11/9 -11/12. [wink.gif]

K John, not certain if you are getting your PM email again yet but I just sent you one. If this happens 16 - 18 November my wife and I are in. I sent you my email and cell number in the message. Let us know if there will be a theme for the event at your house. Time to do a little planning.

Michael

I’d love to come up to Dallas sometime, meet y’all, and drink some wine, but unfortunately I’ll be in DC Nov 16-18.

We’re on for the 16th and 17th. The theme on the 17th is “your favorite wines.” I’d like those bringing something to bring something they really like and want to share with wine geeks. Think of a few words to say about why you like it or why you brought it. Don’t care if it’s champagne, rhone, or Napa cab. Bring something that’s your wheelhouse. That will help us all learn a little about what some of us like to drink while also ensuring something you like is handy.

I’ll prime the pump, likely with Champagne, N. Rhone, and Napa cab because I like those wines and it’s a bit of something for everyone. And we’ll see where things go from there.

The 16th is going to have Texas BBQ (sauce optional) and fried chicken. Bring what you want to drink with that.

We’ll hammer out final deets as we get closer, but this is on and will not flake.

Texas bbq is beef brisket, right? (primarily)

Fatty side for me por favor!!! Goes phenomenally well with those delicious, waxy N.Rhone whites!

Yeah. We will have beef brisket, beef ribs, pulled pork, pork ribs, house-made sausage, fried chicken, cole slaw, and green chili mac. But the brisket is the star of the show and will be most prevalent.

I thought Jorge was the star of the show?

Waxy whites will steal the show…blee-atch!