Cutting Boards

I have two Boardsmith boards that I love, but they both predate the new (ish) ownership.

For my carving board, I had him put a raised edge on it instead of a juice groove. Wayyy better. No more choices between overcooking the meat and overflowing the board.

Saw these:

You can just put a damp dish cloth under the board, stops it from sliding around and when you’re done you have a damp cloth at hand to wipe it down with.

we have a giant Boos board we love.

Damp paper towel works to keep it from sliding, not so good for wiping it down.

The biggest one I have is 24x24. Not easy to clean and kind of heavy. So, just pull it out for Thanksgiving, Christmas (roasts), and bigger charcuteries.

Because of this thread, look at the Boardsmith boards. Those are beautiful. More expensive. Guess just a matter of taste.

And there I was thinking you were thinking of leaving Politics or Epicurean or ….

My in laws gave me the Boos 18 x 18 x 4 end grain board around 25 years ago. It will far outlive me.

One of my long time biking friends just retired from orthopedics and is focusing on his wood working hobby.
Absolutely beautiful work and craftsmanship - we grabbed a couple of boards last week- Combination of maple, cherry and walnut.
Will have to see of I can post some pictures

Here is his web site with some of his current and previous work.

1 Like

I didn’t even know I needed a cutting board until I saw this thread. Now I’ve ordered two.

Incredible. And relatively reasonably priced. I may need one.

Way too pretty to actually cut on. Perfect for charcuterie.

I bought my daughter the big one from Teakhaus (highly recommended by Cook’s Country/ATK).
So far she likes it.
I might try one myself.

Here are some photos of the two that I bought.
Really beautiful craftsmanship.

He is making a lot more all the time, so he can repeat previous designs, and will have frequent new options.
These are end grain, so would work well as a cutting board, but may save for entertaining/charcuterie.

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/CY7xNuBfXK7njwHBA [img]

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/fjhfSCbDQozHh7V58/ [img]

This is my custom island countertop cutting board if anyone wants some inspiration for a custom design board.
20211202_194538.jpg

yours is bigger. Mine is 24 by 18. I thought that was huge.

Also doubles as a giant chessboard!