Crush Progressive 'Sale'

I totally agree. I don’t care if you’re giving the store away, don’t f*ck with the customer.

I unsubbed from their email posts. I have enough stores to buy from in the Bay Area who don’t pull that kind of crap.

I’m a cynic. Unless I have a good reason to believe otherwise, I generally assume everyone (at least in a business transaction) is trying to play me for a sucker. Nevertheless, that’s not always the marketplace we get, because many markets are repeated games in which there are strong incentives to act honorably.

Look, I agree they’re being a bit shady. I just don’t see the harm. When it comes to obnoxious retailer practices, I’m going to save my energy for complaining about the ones that have actual negative impacts.

Plus some of the prices are really good prices, well below market. Should you turn down a good offer because the seller is claiming it’s 50% off when it’s really only 20% off? I’d rather they run their stupid sale and smart customers can get good deals, even if the deals aren’t quite as good as they claim.

Soooo…they were sued for giving too much advance warning? [titanic.gif]

well said Corey.

I guess I disagree. I try to buy things from people who I feel act ethically. I don’t have anything bad to say about Crush (the few dealings I have had with them have gone quite well), but people who take shortcuts tend to take shortcuts. You either have ethics or you don’t.

I agree. From what I can tell, this sale was only really for a fairly limited number of bottles of wine. Why risk a sterling reputation for this? Doesn’t seem worth it.

I guess I just don’t see this is as particularly unethical. If you’re going to boycott anyone who ever engaged in a bit of harmless marketing puffery (which is what this is to me), you’re going to run out of places to buy from and things to buy pretty fast. Of all the things in the wine world people could get up on their high horse about, this one seems pretty low on the list.

But Corey - what else would people do with their days if they can’t complain about something completely harmless like an ‘aggressively retail priced progressive sale that when all is said and done winds up having some good deals?’ [stirthepothal.gif]