COVID19 wine consumption

Thankfully I have had a stomach virus the past two days so my per diem COVID drinking has reduced to fuctional alcoholic.

Wow! 28 for last march. 52 this March…

Consumption from my cellar is definitely up as I’m staying in and wine consumption is up. Overall alcohol consumption is probably down as I drink fewer beers and mixed drinks when I’m not going out.

I just checked CT and I was 26 last March, 16 this March.

What is this fuctional of which you speak? Right now, much of my consumption is fvck-it-all. Not more but much better - why save?

+1. Drinking much less due to my favorite places being closed and wanting to keep my immunity levels up.

Two steps below raging, which I was flirting with before the diarrhea.

Hope you’re back to raging soon. I appreciate your posts on the Dr thread (and elsewhere for that matter)

Personal consumption maybe slightly up, but cellar drawdown much increased as I have used this as an excuse to gift wine to friends and neighbors. I have a delivery service. I drop the shipper on their porch; they return it empty for refill when ready. That’s taken 20 bottles out of the cellar in the last 10 days. I fully expect to see some of the wine sitting on their counter in the future because they think anything coming from me is better than they would get elsewhere. That might be partly true, but I’m encouraging some conversational texting over preferences to help dial in the refills to tastes.

Good fun.

fred

Great idea, Fred.

Same here. My stress is high right now, running a nonprofit community health center and worried about staff and patients as well as economics. I don’t really use wine to de-stress. (That’s what binge-watching Schitt’s Creek is for. [whistle.gif] ) Plus, my wife has been appropriately cautious while dealing with some (hopefully non-COVID-19) symptoms.

I just nursed one bottle over the course of the last week. [wow.gif]
Be well everyone,
Peter

Close to about the same, a glass with dinner, seven days a week. No wild wine dinners but dining at home in a relaxed way seven days a week (no grabbing a snack before an evening class). It’s hard to think about drinking really nice stuff in this way, but young lively wines work reasonably well.

Ditto, I’m doing the math in my head and weeping. Whatever, fortunate to be able to do so.

That’s super cool. Where do we sign up to get a shipper for delivery? [cheers.gif]

Our wine consumption is way up. I’m now working from home, wife’s now playing teacher since the kids school is out, no extra cirricular activities, no baseball or basketball practice, no where to go, no activities to go do, so yea, our consumption has been WAY up. Not sure when the last time we started our cars was.

Once this is over we’re planning another trip to Napa because our livers will have never been in better drinking condition. And, we’ll need more wine.

put the plastic and glass garbage out this morning
about 50% more than usual…

Mine is down because I’ve been doing 10-12 hour ER shifts which doesn’t really lend itself to drinking. If I get COVID, I’m drinking down my cellar just in case.

Volume the same, but quality way up. I’ve been opening some great fortifieds but am thinking of opening some table wines I’ve been hoarding for decades.

WAY up here, more so Jen than me, as I’m usually 3-4x/week, Jen more like 2x, now we’re easily 5x, and the volume increased, particularly on weekends #stayathome

I’ve even told Jen that ‘anything goes’ in the cellar. Normally I save some things for when they are more in their prime, or for a special occasion, now it’s whatever.

This is where I am, and I have been for months. I was making room for BD11. but now I’m buying again, as I know what holes I still need to fill. Happy to have found the Berserker Quarantine Relief forum.

Anyone who answers this question directionally down does not have two young children with virtual lessons and homework to supervise, a spouse still working a stressful job outside the home, and an already stressful job in finance that has become worse since it is now work from home. Some days I put baileys in my coffee, some days I have a cocktail during my 2-5 pm endless conference call, on others I wait until my wife gets home from work to pop open some wine, and on others I don’t drink at all - mostly to cherish the days I do imbibe but also to not take for granted still having a job, a home and a healthy family. Despite the anxiety about the economy, make sure you manage your own health based on how drinking makes you feel. I actually feel healthier during the quarantine due to having more time to eat higher quality foods and exercise outdoors. Cheers.