Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm

We want to pare down our trip to Scandinavia for budget reasons. If you could only pick or visit two of these cities, which two? Thanks.

1 Like

Copenhagen and Stockholm. Two of my favorite cities on earth. Oslo is great too but, at least for me, not quite as beautiful or exciting. But if you could squeeze in some time in the Fjords…

3 Likes

Thanks @RyanC. We’re going to be in the fjord region for 5 days staying in Bergen and Alesund. We’re just trying to figure out how to cut some time out of our initial plans to visit these cities.

3 Likes

If that’s the case Oslo and copenhagen

Copenhagen is the must see of the 3

Oslo and Stockholm are pick’em. Given u are already in Norway. I’d just do Oslo

Copenhagen is a no-brainer.

Between Oslo and Stockholm is a bit tricky. For the record, I am born and raised in Oslo and have lived here most of my life, but for a tourist, I think Stockholm is better. However, as you are going to the western Norway, it makes a lot more sense to go to Oslo, Stockholm is a bit of a detour.

3 Likes

We loved Stockholm and have been their twice pre-Covid. So much to do and great foodie scene.

Never been to Oslo, but heading to Copenhagen this spring as our nephew is studying there. Looking forward to see what’s going on there with the likes of Noma and Geranium.

I should start by saying that I’m from Stockholm for bias purposes :slight_smile:

I have spent time in all three cities and I would personally drop Oslo out of the three. You will get more out of the other two as city tourists. At least to me, what makes Norway special is the nature and you will get that quite a bit anyway during the west coast visit.

1 Like

Copenhagen And Stockholm. No brainer. Oslo is also lovely, but should be paired with a fjord tour.

Bumping this thread up a bit. Just booked a trip to Stockholm (just a couple of nights) and Copenhagen (6 nights) for early July. We booked an AirBnB for Copenhagen that is in Østerbro. Curious if there are other restaurants/bars/sights people have enjoyed in Copenhagen beyond what is above, and also if people have done day trips. We were looking at Odense possibly. Any advice very welcome. Thanks!

Al

Hey Al - I wrote up some thoughts on a trip to Copenhagen last fall in another thread: Copenhagen and Amsterdam recommendations

1 Like

Thanks!

We did Oslo, Gothenburg and Copenhagen last month.

Stockholm too far out of the way.

I found Oslo too expensive to really enjoy.

Copenhagen is brilliant. Must visit. So drop one of the others.

i did all three this past summer (as well as malmo, goteborg, etc). for me copenhagen was perhaps the least enjoyable. it was by far the most crowded and touristy. as it was not my first time there i had little desire to tour all the restaurants either. from what i saw the food and wine prices were also noticeably higher than anywhere else as well (remember both norway and sweden have alochol monopolies which leads to some very attractive pricing). however if you are just trying to hit the big name tables cph is obviously not to be missed. all three have wonderful cultural venues and plenty of activities to pursue so i would say it is mostly dependent on logistics. starting in copenhagen and taking the train to malmo and then up to stockholm could be a nice little journey.