Copain 2016 release schedule posted

I’m very familiar with the five Spring wines and looking forward to each. Particularly excited to reacquaint myself with the Trosseau Noir!

Has there been email from them, or just perusing the web site?

I am also slightly confused and do not remember how Copain works. i can see the wines on their site, but as a recent member of the Single Vineyard club, I do not remember if they will automatically send me a fixed case or if I need to pick out what I want. I have received no email indicating it is time to act…

@FM3–I really respect you for your mind. [wink.gif]
@Alan & Joe–No email yet

Not sure about when or if a email is sent, but you login and choose the wines you want for the year. You’re not billed until the wine ships.

Email to hit in a couple weeks according to the Copain tasting room folks. I called on a separate issue and asked…

Cheers,
JP

Russ and John, together, they have it right. And Brunson, and you should, as I possess a keen wisdom for wine rarely seen.

Thanks. Nice avatar!

Thanks, Gents, for the clarification. I will sleep better for another week or two. [cheers.gif]

Thanks Alan. Got the idea from Frank (album covers). Might have to mix it up a bit with the various “styles” of music that I have enjoyed over the years…

This jumped out at me when I read it a week ago because I have always really enjoyed the Baker Ranch Syrah for its pepper/spice profile. I am drinking the '11 tonight, and it really hits the spot for me. Light, lean, and full of fresh red fruit and white pepper, maybe a tough of pine resin. This wine is not as Pinot-like as the '10 was, but it has some similarities with its elegance and nuances.

By no means am I knocking you for placing Baker Ranch lower on your priority scale than some other Copain Syrah. I guess my point really is to highlight the diversity of the portfolio and the palates of Copain’s admirers. For me, the Monument Tree PN never really did it for me, but I know there are many here who dug it. I was thinking of this discussion when I started drinking this, so I decided to add some more perspective to the thread.

Brad, I enjoy the discussion and glad you posted back. I like the Baker Ranch but when I put it next to the Brosseau, I just enjoy the Brosseau better. Baker Ranch just hits me lighter, whereas Brosseau’s dark color, depth and structure all fits better for what I look for in CA syrah. It just fits the profile for what I want with syrah. When was the last time you got a Brosseau opened?

You know, I just grabbed the mail and the Copain paper mailer arrived. I’m looking forward to the order and the wines arriving. Let’s keep posting about the wines and talking about the winery.

I haven’t opened a Brosseau in a while. I have bottles going back to '09, but I tend to let them age more than Baker Ranch. The Brosseau definitely is a bigger, more structured wine. I’ll dig one out soon and report back.

Brad, I’d recommend you open a 2007 or 2008 if you want to see how the structure is settling in. The 2008 is to me more structured than the 2007. If you want to drink something that is more youthful to get the other side of the fence, then the 2010 or 2012 would be good to open.

I am pretty sure I drank the last of my '07 and '08 years ago. Then again, the way I organize my cellar I suppose anything is possible. . . .