Colene Clemens

I tried it on 11/16/2018. However, I opened a bottle a day after the shipment arrives, so if you believe in bottle shock, take my note with a grain of salt. I have also obtained 2 bottles of the 2015 from Wine.com; they had a limit on bottles for purchase recently. I am also waiting on a second shipment of 6 bottles of 2016.

My note from 11/16:

I did not have the chance to try the 2015 so I am unable to make a comparison. However, this is a very good Oregon Pinot Noir. Just a bit fruit forward, still young and tight, with plums, berries, and spice in the initial flavors and moderate tannins in the mid-range. A good finish. I would recommend waiting a couple of years to drink this wine; should improve considerably. With no experience with this winery and this wine, estimating longevity is just a guess.
-Ken McLeroy

Km thanks for the note. It sounds like a no brainer purchase at $20 a bottle. Cheers!

Please let me know what you think John.

-Ken

Wine Exchange still has some of the 2014 Dopp Creek. I purchase a couple of bottles recently and drank both of them. Found the wine to be a very good and easy to drink on the unscrew and pour (for some reason, only to the 2014 vintage was under screwcap). Definitely leans toward the fruit forward side of the OR Pinot spectrum but showed more OR than Cali, IMHO.

I miss Bob.

I just received 2 bottles of the 2015 Dopp Creek from Wine.com. They must have acquired more since they were out about 2 weeks ago. They have a limit of 2 bottles at a reasonable price.
-Ken

I’ve opened 3 bottles of the 2015 Dopp’s Pinot over the last couple weeks and have been unimpressed. I find the wine somewhat awkward and basic, more like a $25 Pinot from Safeway. A friend of mine that is used to much cheaper fruit bombs found it undrinkable. I don’t know, maybe I just got a bad case, but I expected something a bit more refined for such a high score from WS. Am I missing something??

I try not to be overtly commercial in this forum but there seems to be interest in the AVA. So, if you guys are interested, check out our Lot 627 2016 Chehelem Mountain Pinot Noir https://chwine.com/lot-627-2016-chehalem-mountains-pinot-noir

Normally $19 its on Cyber Monday sale today for $13.30. It was extremely well received before the sale and I am certain you’ll find it beyond compelling at $13.30.

Cameron

Just commercial enough.

heheh…yeah, probably…but I don’t take it lightly and felt there was good reason :slight_smile:…call it artistic license.

Art up amigo.

I want to see Todd doing some tasting videos like Cameron, “Todd Confidential”.

No one wants that Ron.

And this is why… Winemaking 101: Whole cluster fermentation with Todd Hamina - YouTube

I tasted it at a shop the other day and wasn’t really getting it either. Very silky texture, but it seemed very simple-- maybe it needs time? I did buy a bottle anyway to cellar for a bit and retry, because I don’t expect to see it available anywhere again.

Ah…I don’t know. I enjoyed watching that.

ditto…I’m seeing Big Boy Pants Pinot in your future Todd.

Well, only if we lead with this pic from Halloween.
1921003_10203363355028758_1756302957_o.jpg

Hamina-San. In the words of one Patty Green.

Yes this one was the best…

I think Todd could pull something like this off…

I miss her too.