CLONYC 47 - Some 2012 Cabernet Sauvignons (Who knew it would turn into a TRB-fest?)

I am well, thank you. This is probably the most intense time of year for EMH: growing, blending, bottling. Entertaining. Looking in on barrel samples. Stuff. But I also try to stay current on what’s going on here on the board, and also want to be sure that the females in the business receive credit for their accomplishments. Like Francoise.

2012s from Napa are pretty intense, I think. Someone shared a glass of the “Stone the Crows” with me - had to be close to a year ago, and wow. Intense. My own was not very approachable then, but has recently moved in a more palatable direction.

Mike, have you had the 2011 Outpost True Vineyard? The mountain fruit taste is dialed down quite a bit and it’s a well balanced wine, even now despite it being so young.

Awesome. Thank you for that clarification. I am not aware of or am even mildly cognizant that I would have not given credit where it is due and apologize if I came off as such. While I am at it, let me not forget the most talented winemaker at Pride Mountain Vineyards. Sally Johnson is doing remarkable things up there on the mountain. The 2012 Pride Reserve CS was quite beautiful.

Hi Dennis. I have not in 2012. Maybe not since 2008/2009. I will check it out. Thanks! Cheers!

I heard that about some more recent Prides. Been quite a few years since I went there to taste - I should do that.

So, which wines does Francoise make? VHR, I think she is still at the helm at Eisele, Drinkward-Peschon. What else?

Not sure. Someone more versed in all the labels/winemakers than I can chime in. Never ever was a Drinkward fan.

Mike,
Bruising lineup to say the least. I am a big fan of STC, and think that as the Three Twins vineyard matures it will become a magnificent site to source. The STC has gone up against quite a few $150 bottles in our group and wins straight up 9 out of 10 times. Funny about the 12c, I was excited when the project started, but the past couple of vintages, it hasn’t rung the bell for us.
I haven’t had a Pride in quite some time, so need to check it out.
thanks again