Cinque Terre and Portofino, Italy recs

Alan, Lori will love to hear this. Although I am a tomato fan, she likes them as if they are apples.

Focaccia is a food group for me. We’ll be hitting it for some trail food to go. We’ve sampled a few in our trips to Italy.

1 Like

I actually meant Nice, but CT no doubt has excellent produce as well

Maybe worth a lunch stop at the Hanbury Gardens, just over the border in Italy?

I would agree, with maybe one exception: Sciacchetrà. I did not have a chance to try any of these sweet wines, but evidently they can be quite wonderful.

we stay at cenobio dei dogi, a resort in camogli with a private beach…we loved it and hope its just as good this summer. for dinners, we took our car up the hill to san rocco where we had aperitivo at Bar Dai Muagetti, an outdoor bar carved out of a bunker on the hillside. sunsets views for days (but if you live in Nice, you have your own). we walked down the road from the bar to cucina di nonna nina…a legendary ligurian trattoria that was so good, we ate there three times in 6 nights.

definitely consider spending the day on the beach at san fruttuoso…and if you do, come before 10am to get a beach chair before theyre all taken.

Home of the worlds largest fish fry.

1 Like

Surprised no one’s mention this fantastic little pasta shop in Camolgi. Incredible fresh made pasta’s for your home but for lunch you can pick your pasta and sauce for take away. Very good and stupid cheap. Worth sticking your head in

We also had a great dinner over looking the Sea here in Camolgi. Casual spot for good seafood and had a solid wine list as well http://www.ostaiadaosigu.com/

1 Like

Especially good idea because we have a bunch of small coolers that we pack with pasta and local dairy butter and fly back (frozen) to California. I’ll see about stopping on the way back.

1 Like

I was there years ago, although I cannot recall any places, if they are still even there. Amazing place with no vehicles allowed.

Check out as many towns as you can, have no schedule and enjoy!

1 Like