Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen Closing

I’m going to napa for the first time this fall, sounds lik I’ll be missing some solid places to eat. Disappointing.

We ate there on Saturday.
Looks like that’s our final visit.

I respectfully disagree.
There is a ton of great places in Napa to eat.

Redd Wood
R + D Test Kitchen
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Oenotri (still love it! Great list too)

And so many more. These are the more casual places I like to eat where you don’t get bent over a barrel when the bill comes.

And if you have it in you, Uber to the Glen Ellen Star. Lights out.

Thanks for the suggestions sir. Still looks like a ton of solid options which is good. I doubt Napa will disappoint honestly. Sticker shock may be the only challenge on some of the meals/tastings lol.

Agree on Glen Ellen star. Ate there last week and the food was awesome - especially the grilled vegetables (I know…but they were seriously good!. Thanks for the Recco Glenn Levine!)

Service was unfortunately pretty bad though. Still had a great meal but that does throw it off a bit.

I dream about the veggies. Drooling now thinking about them.

That’s really sad to hear actually. The owners are awesome, and I’m sure they would have loved to hear your feedback. I feel like it’s not too late. We had great service, but I’ve gotten to know the owners over the years and we talked for a while when I was there last month, and they were constantly around our table. Sorry you had that experience, but I think it’s important to send them a note and tell them. They were actually just out here in NYC.

Damn those veggies were good. Easily best weve ever had.

Sounds good- I’ll definitely do that. Were typically pretty easy to please and definitely not the type of peeps who bitch/leave bad reviews if the service wasnt top notch…but it was noticeably rough in this case. I’ll reach out with some constructive feedback.

Mustards is still going strong (Cindy’s first venture in the Valley)…and the word on the street is she is opening a Mustard’s at SFO in the International building. That woman never stops.

We are at Glen Ellen Star at least every few weeks. The food is outstanding and the service is normally top notch. For sure your service problem is not the norm. We almost always go on Wednesday “Neighborhood Night” where you get two totally different courses (not menu items) for $36.00 plus free corkage. For us former New Jersey folk the Chefs East coast experience (chef at Le Bec Fin in its prime) brings us back home. Two weeks ago he made grilled soft shell crabs, almost unheard out here but a favorite of ours. Some photos of recent dinners

Were you there this past Wednesday? I was and had the panzanella and short ribs in your pictures. Both great, as was the corn and rigatoni. Of course the ice cream always is.

Yup, we were there Wednesday and had the panzanella salad, corn and ribs. The soft shells were a previous visit. We get the e-mail menu Sunday night for the following Wednesday. If it sounds interesting we book a reservation. No pictures but we also shared the ice cream (peanut butter) and the 2003 Seavey Cabernet was damn good with the short ribs.

Funny, we were in the back eating almost the same meal. Drinking Burgundy though.
CA456B90-F7AC-48F6-8AFF-BBECC938DF45.jpeg

Just to pile on, the Fremont Diner in Carneros, just closed. The hits just keep coming.