Chicago-Pizza and Riesling (and Piedmont)-November 19th (Coalfire)

Works for me

Works for me as well

Will be bringing 2004 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese and bubbles

Sounds great, Adam!

By the sounds of it, we need some racy, high acid dry Riesling to fill this party out. I am bringing a bottle of 2014 Schafer-Frohlich Monzinger Halenberg GG and a 2018 Weiser-Kunstler Trabener Gaispfad Kabinett Trocken.

I will bring my own stems too.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night at 6pm at the Coalfire Pizza on Grand Avenue (there are 2 locations so make sure its Grand Avenue please).

Hey Adam,

If you can for cover stems for me that would be awesome if possible. I’ll be taking the train in. $50 is perfect! Thanks again for organizing this!

No worries I should have you covered w stems.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming, sharing some great wines, and making it a fun night!
Special thanks to Adam for setting it up and hooking up the great pizza (and meatballs)!

Hope to get another dinner together soon.

Cheers!
Patrick

Great Group, thanks to all for coming and participating. Hope to see you all soon.

Thanks again for organizing, Adam. We had a great time. Everyone have a safe and happy Holiday!

Cheers,
JP

I love Chicago pizza and Rieslings but live in LA – let’s here some highlights or see some photos! How was the pairing?

I didn’t take any formal notes, but in my opinion the drier Rieslings paired the best with the pizza, with the star being the Schafer-Frohlich GG. But several in the group felt that the sweet wines paired best, with the best being the Fritz Haag. It was great to see the differences in wines and opinions.

That being said, we had a killer lineup of Barolo to go with it. In particular I thought that 96 Giacosa was VERY good.

Hopefully Adam can add a couple photos!

Here’s the line-up!
IMG_0595.jpg

Very nice! I especially love those '01s! I’d think a Kabinett might go decently with a spicy Italian sausage or other extra fatty and mildly spicy pizza, and maybe drier Riesling with a more herbal pizza, but I guess I’ll have to try it sometime to find out.