Chicago, May 1/2/3? Hackserkerfest I

In theory i could mule a brisket in an insulated bag in first. Would just need sn oven to warm.

I thought you guys hated Cutler. I was trying to be nice.

Welcome to Chicago
image.jpg

I am doing a charity Ragnar in NY that weekend and will regretfully miss, sounds great though, have fun!

With our house sale (hey Chicago Berserker! wanna buy a house???) and move to Denver I sure hope I’ve got time to come to both nights but at this point in time I can’t commit to either. Put me on the want to be there list…

Figured this would be your response. Now we have to hire a photog!

Don’t need a house, but we’ll take the skating rink!

the rink is yours, just come on out and shovel it!

I’d be interested in Friday evening. We may want to consider going to some place else instead of Sun Wah. They have had numerous issues with the Health Department the last several years, including a very disturbing one just a few weeks ago.

We don’t talk about this. Especially around my wife.

Great news!
image.jpg
In all seriousness, I’m bummed to miss this. Have a great time.

LMK if you want me to ask my gf about whether she knows of a rodent-free option with a party room.

Please do, Corey. And watch her brain explode from the enigma.

Ha!

Kelly’s response to the rodent issue was cringeworthy [suicide.gif] :

“We are mostly rodent proof, but not every restaurant is rodent proof, I suppose,” she said. “My brother, sister and I were a little more lax as owners and that’s not something that worked out in our favor.”

Rob – two possible options (and I’ll be happy to call if you like) Cai and MingHin.

Cai has a bar but they allowed us to BYO for New Year. No private room, but the place is huge. I’ve had the duck and it’s quite good, but they serve with pancakes, not buns.

Ming Hin is pretty large too and they have private rooms. I’ve never BYO’d, nor had the duck.

FWIW, Cai is now my favorite place for dim sum.

Corey, if you would like to give either/both a poke, that would be grand— I don’t think we will be achieving the same volume as 2013 (5 tables x 10), but maybe with 15 as of now, you can check on a group of 30.

TY.

NP Rob.

I’ll see about having a private room/BYO/cost for Peking Duck + extras…anything else I need to inquire about?

Costs for damage insurance?

My vote would be for Ming Hin, I’m definitely a fan of them