Chicago, are you ready for a Cider Bar with 100 choices?

Last time I was in the U.K. I was in Wiltshire and Dorset, and drank a lot of English cider…mostly Thathcher’s and Weston’s, some Blackthorn, and some from small local producers whose names I cannot now recall. The latter were particularly interesting. Also had some good perry in Glastonbury.

This post started 5 years ago and in that time Chicago has become a cider mecca for the U.S. I know its surprising to me too… Look out Chicago CiderCon and Chicago Cider Week is coming February 1st-9th. CiderCon bings all the country’s cider makers and some international producers to one city so be on the look out for tons of cider events all week with the makers. For those of you looking to try a vast number of ciders in one spot check out Chicago Cider Summit at Navy Pier on February 9th. I suggest you skip all the fruity sweet ones and focus on the drier orchard based grower ciders or “Heritage Ciders” that put an emphasis on terroir. Even though we are not pouring our cider I’m stoked to come to town for total cider indulgence.

I miss Roberto’s posts. Anyone know what happened to him?

I miss him too. He had a stroke a couple of years ago and made a brief reappearance about a year ago.
https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55&p=2410778#p2410778