Chardonnay tasting near Mending Wall?

Failla is next door.

I’m told to go to the bubbles and caviar tasting at J. Davies (Schramsberg’s new tasting room in St Helena), so that sounds like a perfect way to start a day!!! I love starting my day with eggs…

Good choice!
Schramsberg is amazing.
Aubert is out like Peter Michael.
Martinelli would be perfect but is too far away. No appointment necessary and great reasonable chards. You should try to make it there sometime. Berserker Doug Wilder might be able to make the tasting extra special.

Doug Wilder is at Martinelli??

Yes

I got a great Argentinian Chardonnay. Stop by here and have a bottle. It’s half the price of a tasting fee where you’re looking.

Good plan!!!

Strong vote for Failla. Less than 5 minutes away, nice cave, unique method, good pinots, and free tasting if you buy 4 bottles. Their chards age very well in my experience.

Copain now only offers tasting to their list members. :frowning:

FIFY!

Member Tasting - Complimetary depending on club level
Farm Table Tasting - $40/pp
Reserve Tasting - $60/pp
Large group tastings (more than 6 people) starting at $40/pp for members, $50/pp for non-members
Appointments needed.

I don’t know, there’s something about seeing the caves and the riddling process .

Best idea so far!

That’s cool!

I immensely enjoyed the cave tours in Champagne, and thanks to Brian Loring and Peter Cargasacchi, I’ve seen the riddling process up close and personal #berserkerfest

Hi Todd,

Couple of thoughts:

1. I believe Aubert is right in the same neighborhood as Mending Wall and I am sure they would do a Chardonnay only tasting if asked.

2. Call Will at Rivers Marie. At one point I think the plan was to move the Rivers Marie Wines to Mending Wall from Tamber Bay but I could be wrong on that. In either scenario, Tamber Bay is not far from Mending Wall. I am sure will could do a Chardonnay tasting either from barrel or bottle.

3. I would second the Peter Michael tasting, but understand your price point concern, I guess Aubert is in the same world price wise as well. The peter Michael tasting we did a few years ago was actually what you are looking for exactly. We took my Mom for her 65th and she only drinks Whites. They did the four single vineyard chards next to each other and it was spectacular. Also did a nice tour by SUV of the properties from which the wine comes from.

Hope this was helpful,

mark

Mark - thank you, helpful indeed!

I’m going to reach out to Will and see if we can slam in a quick tasting, as I know Jen likes R-M Chards (from Falltacular)

Good advice here. Aubert is just a few miles a way up Silverado Trail from Mending Wall, kind of on the way to R-M and Peter Michael. All easily done within hours.

Ahhh. Taking me back. Good, well-priced 'transitional' Chardonnay for the Rombauer crowd? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers champagne.gif

As stated earlier in this thread, and several times over the last few years, I’ve successfully broken her admiration of Rombauer. She dislikes it almost as much as I do now.

My work is (almost) done.

1 Like

Gotcha-enjoy the trip .

Will is a gem.