Charbono

Folk Machine just released its first charbono. Website says fruit source is a two acre vineyard in Suisun Valley that is a graft over.

Kachina Vineyards is another Charbono producer. $29.

I have a couple of cases of Inglenook Charbono’s from the 1980s bought at the winery during a clearance sale. (And single bottles back to the 1960s.) They are aging nicely. Charbono never becomes a complex wine but it can bee so tasty.

Inglenook tried to start an Inglenook Charbono Society. They has a group of us to the winery for diner and served Charbonos as far back as the 40s. Gave us a nice commemorative plate. Sadly the winery sold a few months later and the society was dropped.

I’ve had a bottle of Hess Charbono (under the Artezin label) that was quite nice.

One of the larger Charbono vineyards was ripped out so as to build the Clos Pegase winery. When I drive by that ugly place I always roll down the window and yell out “Ugly Charbono Killers.” neener

Good for you, Bob. You’ll show them.
I’ve never had much warm/fuzzy feelings for ClosPigAss. They’re a Cabernet house so I guess that’s to be expected.
To me, that ugly wnry reminds me of a Nazi Crematorium.
Tom