Champagne Shortages For The Holidays

If you’re looking for 2014’s they’re already released. Where is local to you? It could be they’re already sold out. I have two regular sources & they’re both already sold out.

Oh my, those profit reports in Epernay must be looking a little tatty lately.

I personally have a shortage of Cederic Bouchard Cru d’Enfers…in Magnum please. Anyone help me out?

I forgot about these six pack deals at the local Jewel-Osco in this area. I’ll have to go check them out. I’m down to 52 bottles of champagne in the cellar. That’s my “yellow zone” warning. champagne.gif

I will have no Champagne shortage this month champagne.gif

Unless you just decided to throw a big New Year’s or Christmas party, I’m not sure why most of us would be anxious to buy a bunch of Champagne in the next few weeks. How many bottles are you going to drink?

Unless you just decided to throw a big New Year’s or Christmas party, I’m not sure why most of us would be anxious to buy a bunch of Champagne in the next few weeks. How many bottles are you going to drink?

Historically, I’ve always found this time of year to be the best time to buy champagne. The average wine drinker only drinks sparkling wines at this time of year, so retailers tend to put it on sale because there’s more of a market. Also, this is usually when distributors discount sparklers to their retailers because of losing their contracts for rep’ping some brands, so they want to blow out those brands to make room in their warehouses for the new brands they’ll be rep’ping.

Definitely no more than a bottle a night. champagne.gif

I will be watching for a big sale come January of all the bottles that didn’t get sold during the “2021 Champagne Shortage” hype
[cheers.gif]

Hard agree.

1 Like

I’m anxious to buy a bunch over the next few weeks, but only regarding Dom showing up at Costco…

When I get past my trial setting, quite a bit, hopefully!

I had no problem getting a case of Roederer 242, a mixed case of grower stuff, and see pretty healthy shelves at my better Dallas places. Heartbreaker was the sellout of Dom 2002 P2 at Grailey’s. I was hoping that my secret santa - Kane J Joseph - was going to snag me another 3 for Christmas.

One local shop which I buy a lot of wine from posted today Veuve Clicquot for $60. I would buy it at $16.99 which is the price I am paying for Roederer Anderson Brut.

In the last 10 days I’ve been in an upscale shop in Dallas that was lipping full of grower stuff, total wine which had a ton of all the usual suspects, and today a target that had tons of the inexpensive/party type stuff-there’s simply no shortages in this part of Texas at least.

There is no shortage anywhere. Just something made up to get people concerned to spend more money on Sparkling wine. champagne.gif

1 Like

There was a shortage in my cellar a few months ago, but I’ve fixed it enough to survive the current crisis.

I have seen no shortages of the shrill, acidic, fruitless stuff…I mean grower Champagne. But, if that was to go short, well then… [help.gif]

Cheers to that! champagne.gif

Moet Hennessy has been the most impacted.

Another day… another ??? customer asking why Veuve is so hard to find.