CH Lot 669 2014 SRH Chardonnay Sandhi? (Confirmed)

Yep-got mine a few days ago. Opened one tonight. The nose is expansive, a bit of oak, nuttiness, certainly aromatic. On the palate, lots of lemon, a bit more linear than you would expect based on the aromatics. Finish is clean and nice-not super long, but elegant, a little acidity, not harsh at all.

You won’t confuse this with a crisp Chablis, nor a fat CA Chardonnay. I could see this being confused with a Chassagne Montrachet. This is a really nice Chardonnay. This is a great price. It’s in a good place right now.

Received 5 bottles friday. Will taste later this week as bottle shock wears off.

yep, got mine yesterday. Killer for the tariff

I recently had one of the 2014 single vineyard Sandhi’s. Very similar in style.

I got 4 yesterday. Will try over the holiday.

TN: The wine is flinty, has an almost oil like texture. It does remind me of a Poulliy Fuisse. Not big, great acid. Some lemon verbena, not to floral. Overall an 88. At the price a nice wine. NOTE: the cork says Sandhi on the side- hint hint…

Just re-upped on this one. 6 more. It’s AWESOME for $18

bit on this for a case - will set aside for next year’s office Holiday gifts …

Opened a bottle- Vibrant nose on this wine- very good acid and lovely mouthfeel. A flinty mineral style reminds me of a white burgundy.

I bought one to a blind tasting and everyone called it as white burgundy. There is a good bit of reduction on the nose, maybe a bit too much for my taste, but for the price, it’s a screaming deal.

Anyone else have a bottle that confused them? I really like the SRH bottling from Sandhi and it hasn’t been that long since I had one. The bottle I had of this tasted a bit all over the place. Had a lot of new oak on the nose and flavors were not focused as I would have expected. I typically get the mineral and lemon streak in Sandhi, and this bottle was like an apple jolly rancher. Weird…

Maybe it’s a one off but I bought two cases. Hopefully it was that bottle or just me…

Curious to know if anyone has any favorite CH wines that are currently available?

I have had some weirdos too, Petroleum jelly up the wazu. (2 OUT OF 6)
I guess we know why they declassified it.