Ceritas VS Arnot-Roberts

I don’t like wax seals, but the Ceritas wax is about as easy to remove as a foil. Some of the wineries say that you should just push the corkscrew through the way and it will all be fine. That’s true for a few years when the wax is pliable and the cork is young, not so much with older wines. I find the Ceritas wax pretty easy to remove with the blade on a corkscrew, some others not so easy.

The hard lacquer wax on a Raveneau or Puffeney just makes a mess.

-Al

Very happy I have eleven bottles left of the 2011 Ceritas PMR. Wine is all together now and a glorious melange of citrus, baked bread & crème brûlée. Real finish too.

Recently (and accidentally) dropped a bottle of Arnot Roberts chardonnay on a concrete floor. Bottle was fine. Brittle wax cap shattered into a ton of pieces.

I find this is the easiest way to remove the wax.

Ugh… PYCM…

I just tried an Arnot Roberts trout gulch on friday and it was pretty sharp - very acid driven. Two ceritas in the cellar and will open one soon…

Had 11 Ceritas Heintz last night and wife loved this wine. I preferred the PMR myself but clearly 2011 was a great vintage for Ceritas Chardonnay.

Enjoyed a 2017 AR Trousseau tonight. First time I’ve had it. Was more brick colored than I would expect. As it sat and warmed it changed from enjoyable to delicious. Loads of strawberries in my opinion.

Only two cases made it to retail in my state. Thankful to get a heads up to get some.

Not sure the Trousseau is for everyone. But it is very good. I get 4-6 bottles a year.