Ceritas inaugural rose release

I can spare 2 from my 6 pack at cost to someone in Southern California that missed out.

looks like I got in just under the wire.

Pass at $35 for me and Im boycotting all wineries in June anyway

It’s funny how from an ITB perspective, there seems to be an insatiable market for rosé. It’s always the stuff that seems to sell out first, despite not “carrying much weight” at the experts table.

Maybe I should try to make a White Zin and make some real bank? [wink.gif]

Well, there’s oceans of rosé that is just dilute, sweet, pink alcohol with no taste. The trick is to make a relatively complex, dry rosé with some taste. Those beauties are hard to find, and we are all hoping and trusting that Ceritas did just that. :slight_smile:

They can be great cellar defenders too! [cheers.gif]

Good point on cellar defense! I recently had an Eleven Eleven Rose of Syrah, first time drinking rose in several years and it’s now been my go-to for a couple weeks now…and only $25. It reminded me how good it can be, especially during warm days. Looking forward to Certias’ take on their watered down red :wink:

Luckily, as a new Ceritas customer, having just completed my Tasting membership, I just happened to check my email around 8 am before I started work. Immediately in for a 6-pack, which I never do, as it was basically buy 5 get one free (shipping was $35 on 3 and included on 6). Looking forward to enjoying this rose all summer!

Ceritas wines almost always require bottle age to drink well. I am wondering if the rose will improve with age.

15 year old white wine barrels. I guess the 2005 Porter Bass in my cellar shared the same space as these Rose did.

Anyone taste one yet?

This afternoon is the plan.

Report back please. :pray:

I opened one the day after arrival.
Light pink in color. Nose and flavor profile of fresh watermelon, pomegranate, hint of orange peel zest, light floral note too.
Quite expressive and enjoyable. Had more depth than so many roses out on the market.
It was delicious.

On the cost side: $35 is higher than what I typically pay for Rose (Bedrock’s Ode to Lulu or some of Tercero’s Roses) but the cost did include overnight shipping. I also have enjoyed many Ceritas wines - Pinot, Chardonnay and Cab - so wanted in on this purchase.