Cellar Tracker notes - pet peeves

Oh good point. Just figured since they show you how any people find it helpful they would show how many don’t and assumed nobody had given me the thumbs down :wink:

I get it. I frequently do the same in the private note field.

Yes, some CT users could use best practices, such as using the private notes field for “tasted with sally” or even “same as last bottle”

But this creates an active annoyance only in two instances: 1) when it shows in the list of the five most recently reviewed wines on the home page and 2) when it’s the most recent review of the wine when you’re looking at the wine page and it’s in the right hand box.

For 1, that changes dynamically so I just don’t care. Easy to eyeball right past it.
For 2, would be good if Eric added some screen that would not display any review in this space that was considered unhelpful, so that the “unhelpful” would mean something more broadly.

All that said, I’ve had little problem screening out from my visual field the unhelpful reviews.

I find "same as last bottle " helpful when it includes a reference to a particular previous tasting note.

Vad? du pratar inte svenska? Synd. Jag tycker dock om dina anteckningar på engelska! tack!

This is your periodic reminder that every tasting note (on app or website) has a link to Report. We do frequently move to consumption note those ‘drank at the country club’ type of notes. A lot of times, it is not intentional but a confusion using Cork.Z or the user just doesn’t understand consumption notes. Please notify us and we deal with them pretty quickly and thoroughly.

Seems to me that a lot of tasting notes come from people looking for rip-your-face-off acidity. No riesling seems to satisfy them.

Def agree on this. More specifically, lots don’t like old wine.

I think is almost a bigger ‘divide’ in the wine world than new world / old world.

You have inside knowledge?

That’s careless of them then. There is a field for personal notes when drink/removing a wine. They should stay there.

Seems to me that a lot of tasting notes come from people looking for rip-your-face-off acidity. No riesling seems to satisfy them

Works for me as it keeps the prices lower.

Mine:

1. xxx does not like this wine. Rates it a 93
    Which leads to,
  2. People using their own personal scales. I would prefer that that CT lets you choose the quality category, average, good, very good etc and then assigns a grade based on their scale.

People can do as they please but I cant help these things annoying me.(mildly)

Mine:

1. xxx does not like this wine. Rates it a 93
    Which leads to,
  2. People using their own personal scales. I would prefer that that CT lets you choose the quality category, average, good, very good etc and then assigns a grade based on their scale.

People can do as they please but I cant help these things annoying me.(mildly)

Just saw a note. Perfectly adequate. 79.

I am sure the 93 was some critic so had to give it a good score anyway.

Do you like every good wine that is made? I may not personally like a wine. I may still rate it a 90 to 95 range if the wine itself was perfectly made and I could experience the quality of the wine and expression of the terrior. If the i like binary anotation and the rating had to go hand in hand why would there be a need for two fields? Some people like bretty and barnyard, some like stem inclusion, some high acidity, some high abv, etc etc.

I rate a lot of wines in a narrow range as do many of the raters since at some levels and pricepoints the wines are superior. Especially at certain sites and winemaking
-vineyard circles.

FWIW. I usually check the user’s other ratings on wines that I have tried and tasted to determine whether i trust this person’s palate or not. I think to some level everyone does that. Given the level of different in bottles storage etc. You cant really always trust ratings completely. I have bought a case after having a wonderful bottle only to be disappointed with the next bottle from the case. Both were from winery at release so you never know even when you experience it for yourself. Thus the great adventure in wine.

Are you referring to a private consumption note? How do I make a private note if it’s someone else’s bottle - as in I did not consume it from my inventory?

How do I search my private notes? I just tested this and cannot search private consumption notes. So to me, they are useless.

I often find that if some people say the wine is too young and others say it is over the hill it means the wine is closed and that I should not open it but should hold it for a few years. Many people cannot tell the difference between closed and over the hill.

I often find that if some people say the wine is too young and others say it is over the hill it means the wine is closed and that I should not open it but should hold it for a few years. Many people cannot tell the difference between closed and over the hill.

My comment you quoted was in regards to public TNs of that type.

My answer to your Private Note questions is, “IDK.”

You may want to revisit this thread.