Cellar Tracker Down?

Everything seems to be back up on the CT side. Looks like a rocky 20 minutes. Microsoft is still tracking warnings here though: Azure status

CURRENT STATUS: Microsoft rerouted traffic to our resilient DNS capabilities and are seeing improvement in service availability. We are continuing to investigate the cause of the DNS issue. The next update will be provided in 30 minutes or as events warrant.

So it was a 10 minute blip as far as CT was impacted. (There was a period before the outage where images werenā€™t loading.)

OK, so today we are currently down. It is a database locking issue. We are actively troubleshooting.

1 Like

OK, we are back.

4 Likes

Not that this is related to the current situation but I always thought that CT would be a very good candidate to use SELECT WITH NOLOCK for many of the SELECT when querying things like ā€œrecent reviewsā€, stuff that always displays on the homepage by default or anywhere doing generic system wide reporting.

We do that everywhere. This was an Azure maintenance glitch tripping across SQL High Availability groups. Sounds like a bug. They are investigating the root cause.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a full ten minutes nobody could drink or locate a wineā€¦the HORROR [wow.gif] [help.gif]

1 Like

I get it. But when people entrust their data to a service, they rightfully expect to be able to get at it 7x24x365. Yet life and the Internet happen, and there will always be glitches and hiccups. However, we take it extremely seriously.

NOTE: It is also well known that I am completely immune to sarcasm and completely, totally and deadly earnest. So if you were just joking, ok, sorry. It went over my headā€¦

Eric, You do an incredible job and CT is an amazing service that I use every single day. Thank you for creating it and keeping it running. A small glitch here and there is no big deal but it does make me appreciate what you have done.

3 Likes

Yes, I was joking. I know you come from the tech world and take these things very seriously, but way too many people freak out when their technology fails themā€¦even for a few minutes. People need to chill.

2 Likes

Yes, people chill by opening a bottle of wine ā€“ but freak out if they canā€™t figure out which one to openā€¦ [snort.gif]

This is why I have about 30 bottles in the dining room that are ready-to-drink ā€“ for emergencies just like this [cheers.gif]

Thatā€™s a full ten minutes nobody could drink or locate a wineā€¦the HORROR > [wow.gif] > > [help.gif]

That is why you need an area in the house for cheaper wines that donā€™t need temp control in your cellar for situations like this. neener

BIMP

Perhaps Eric can chime in about recent access problems.

Yes, Verizon sucks. This was their issue and had nothing to do with CT. CT was fine via every other network provider. But thanks for necroing a two year old unrelated thread, on a different bulletin board. I really do recommend emailing support@cellartracker.com when you have an issue.