Cellar Surprises

Dug around some wood boxes and found a unopened 6-pack of 2008 Penfolds 707 and a 6-pack of 2006 Faiveley Clos des Corton Mags…not sure why I forgot about them, but sure glad they were at the bottom of the pile of wood boxes.

So now I found a case of 2000 Hubert Lignier Combottes that I didn’t know I have. I think it is time (probably long overdue) to take a physical inventory. I want to get my cellar tracker inventory up to date especially since shipping season is coming up and that might just screw things up even more.

found a missing bottle that I knew I had–opening it tonight w Jerry Hey–93 Coche Perrieres. He has a 85 Dujac Clos de la Roche. Will finish w a surprise dessert wine I am bringing.

Damn I wish I lived in southern Cali.

I do and I still wish. :wink:

sheesh–our wines wouldn’t even have been opened in some of the tastings you do!

Probably time to make that case the house wine at the Jaouen household. I bet that’s in a great place right now.

I thought you were holding that case for me until the weather cools down so you could ship it. neener [snort.gif]

Nice find!

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

18 bottles of 01 CDP (Pegau, Beaucastel and Clos des Papes) that I had hidden to forget it was there…guess I have to hide it again…

Paul, bring one of these bottles for a pre-dinner sipper when we’re in Tampa in November :slight_smile:.

Technically this is an offsite surprise, but I was going through the inventory of an offsite that I don’t pay much attention to and I found '88 CdM. Big thanks to Chris for encouraging me to buy these.

I wish I was like Alan and bought 70’s and 80’s wines on release, knew Jerry Hey, and wasn’t 5-15 years old when all these wines were released. I’m sure my kids will say the same.

That year is a good one re: premox. Highly likely you have some really nice wines. Good find Paul.

yeah, but you are young and I am old. But knowing and being friends with Jerry is very cool.

While in the process of transferring wines from bond warehouse to a merchant’s account, realize that I have 12x 1996 Comte de Vogue Bonnes Mares rather than the usual 6x.

Nearly done updating the cellar inventory and found a 2001 Rayas Reserve, extra bottles of 2004 Ausone, several 2007 Barroche Pure and a few vintage champagnes (Krug, DP Oenotheque)! [wow.gif] Also realized where the cellar is a bit light – especially Italy (Piedmont and Veneto) and mainline Rhone (at least relative to my rate of consumption!). Think I may be swapping some bottles on CC soon… I sure do love this hobby – especially now that it is a hobby for me again! [cheers.gif]