Cellar rack individual bottle slot sizes?

[flash=][/flash]

Hmmm…new world problem or humble brag?

A fair question. The basement in general is climate controlled, of course, and the area we’re using is 8ft deep on both exterior walls, east facing. It’s been our “not pretty” cellar space for 10+ years, and we haven’t seen any detrimental effects. Temperatures are admittedly slightly warmer than ideal, ranging from 62-67F over the course of the year. But my wife was adamant that she doesn’t want a compressor running in the basement or right outside our bedroom’s exterior wall (bedroom is directly above the cellar space). So passive it is. We’ll insulate the walls and ceiling, and let the concrete floor continue to act as a cool heat sink.

Both? Didn’t mean to sound like a d-bag, but it is also legit issue with the racking.

I admit, those sound like problems I’d like to have. Though, holy crap, I just realized I tasted all 4 of those last year. First year that’s ever happened for me. I’m drinking better than I realized.

But my wife was adamant that she doesn’t want a compressor running in the basement or right outside our bedroom’s exterior wall

Honestly it’s not so bad. With the temps you say you have, you don’t need really serious cooling equipment so the smallest room air conditioner will be more than adequate for your space, and it’s not going to keep her awake at night. You can just vent it to the rest of the basement. The noise is mostly in the cellar because that’s where the fan is blowing. I did it in my house and upstairs you couldn’t hear anything at all. And if it’s cold enough in the winter, you can just shut it off. Lucky you have those temps. I would go passive if I had something approaching that.

Different experience for me - I can hear the window unit AC I have in my cellar in the family room/kitchen above. It’s quiet, and not noticeable when talking, eating, etc. But if I were sleeping I could hear it, especially when the compressor (not just fan) is running. Can’t hear it on second floor, though. (And, note, there is no measure of insulation between basement and first floor (other than in cellar) - it’s an old house with just wood flooring exposed in basement ceiling. Probably would be a different matter if we had drywall ceiling.