Cellar disaster. Need advice

Note that breathing ozone is not healthy, and it can build up if you use a generator in a somewhat confined space. In concentrations where you get a strong smell of ozone, you nearing the threshold where it should not be used if humans are present. A HEPA air purifier might be a better choice.

If it were me, I’d use a couple of fans as suggested, but it’s really not a big concern.

-Al

thanks Al. Im running a HEPA filter now 24x7. Im going to check on it at end of week and see how it’s doing. I did read up on the risks of the Ozone generator and it appears you need to run it in a closed confined room with nobody breathing it. Once done you can vent the room and let it sit for a while and it should be ok to enter based on what I’m reading.

Cut open a few ripe durian fruits in the cellar. Then, the ash smell will not be noticeable to anybody.

Let us know how the HEPA filter works. Smoke has various components, some that it will filter effectively and others that are too small but can be removed if the air purifier also has an activated charcoal filter.

The other issue with ozone is that it reacts with a lot of things. Some of these reactions produce byproducts that are also not healthy, and some plastics and type of rubber can be damaged (more of an issue for long term use).

-Al

No but another smell will…we cut a Durian open in our freshman dorm in college. Bad idea…