Celebrity wine geeks

Candace Cameron Bure and her husband own a brand… Bure wines.

who are the famous berserkers?

Al Stewart
Jerry Hey
Quincy Jones

Mike Ditka
Yao Ming
John Legend
Joe Montana
Drew Bledsoe
Francis Ford Coppolla
Ed MacMurray
Fess Parker
Charles Woodson
Sam Neill
Mick Fleetwood
Queen Elizabeth II
Madonna
Maynard Keenan
Brad Pitt / Angelina Jolie
Kyle MacLachlan
Greg Norman
Randy Lewis
Sting
Nancy Pelosi!!
Diana Krall
Barack Obama

And a lot of celebrity restaurant owners

Tom Seaver (wine lover but not sure a wine geek)

Les Claypool, of Primus. Also started his own label.

I do make a distinction between someone that known to drink wine and a wine geek.

The first two of whom are not only wine geeks, but have been known to participate in wine boards.

Back to the original question, Rusty Staub

Mark Wahlberg - Bought all the Gaja out of the wine store I worked in during the summer of 2007 or 2008.

James Maynard Keenan!! of Tool!

Lenny Dykstra, back when he signed his 3 year/$8M deal with the Philadelphia Phillies, flew to Paris to celebrate. Goes to a nice resto, and instructs them to bring the best bottle of wine they have. A bottle of DRC RC is produced, and the neophyte wine drinker Dykstra finds it delicious. Ends up ordering 2 more bottles, and the tab clocks in at a bit over $8K USD. And thus his love of the finer things in life continued until his downfall.

The director of team operations for the Golden State Warriors was recently profiled in the NYT. When the team is on the road, he is tasked with getting “pinot noirs and Cabernet Sauvignons that are a 2012 vintage or older” at the direction of PGs Steph Curry and Shaun Livingston.

One of Michael Jordan’s go to bottles is Pahlmeyer merlot. No doubt his cellars have more than a few bottles that most of us would consider “trophy worthy”.

Keanu Reeves
Mark Wahlberg
Orel Hershiser
Valerie Bertanelli
Ellen Degeneres
Adam Duritz
Skylar Grey
Dave Matthews
Nomar Garciaparra

Alfred Hitchcock
Rusty Staub
Woody Allen

Jonathan Loesberg wrote:
As I remember, Tony Soprano had a taste for Pichon Lalande.

1986 Pichon. That was a great Sopranos episode. Thank you for the reminder.

Thanks,
Ed

How could you all forget to mention Johnny Depp? LOL

[quote=“ERPark”]“Lenny Dykstra, back when he signed his 3 year/$8M deal with the Philadelphia Phillies, flew to Paris to celebrate. Goes to a nice resto, and instructs them to bring the best bottle of wine they have. A bottle of DRC RC is produced, and the neophyte wine drinker Dykstra finds it delicious. Ends up ordering 2 more bottles, and the tab clocks in at a bit over $8K USD. And thus his love of the finer things in life continued until his downfall”.

I bought Lenny’s remaining bottles in his collection and one was a bottle of 1937 Yquem that he bought a Tour d’Argent after a blowout dinner. It was the second bottle of 1937 that he bought to take home after having the first bottle. And it was spectacular a couple years ago.

Of the 100 or so bottles in his cellar, there were two bottles of 1961 Gaja Babaresco, a 1985 Cristal and a few others, but many $10 bottles of bad wine.

Forgot Pippa Middleton. She not only drinks wine, she passed one of those WSET or sommelier courses.
images2.jpg

It’s a mystery to me that Hitchcock likes wine.
Rusty likes wines with an orange profile.
Woody likes young wines.

Alex Trebek is a Cali Cab guy.

Huston Street - selling some wines at the upcoming HDH auction this weekend.
Mario Lemieux