Cayuse Weekend

Thanks so much Matt!

Thanks so much Travis. I think I have eaten at that convenience store before but it was Mexican and for lunch

Thanks John, I’ve eaten at Whitehouse before and it was delicious!

Big +1
We are staying next to the winery, will be able to stumble home after the party’s Fri. & Sat champagne.gif

Thanks so much for the information! I love the incubator area but it has been many years. Will definitely head out there this time! And try to hit Long Shadows too! I had one of their Rieslings once that was outstanding.

Great list of wineries and restaurants to choose from above. We’ll be making the annual pilgrimage and hitting Cayuse on Friday. Outside of the great options already listed I’m excited to check out Elephant Seven and Ardor Cellars.

Matt Austin- in case I’m not back east this season will you have any west-side distribution of the pet-nats and other curiosities?

Unfortunately, Ardor Cellars is no longer in business (at least for now). The owner also owns a wine barrel business, and decided to focus on that instead of the winery. Elephant Seven was one of the great new finds during our last trip out in November.

I’m really glad to see someone planning on going to Elephant Seven. We went to WW late last year and this was easily our favorite tasting. The wines stand on their own, but prices knock them up even more. It was a cool space and a very relaxed vibe. Please post your impressions.

There was an Italian Deli (Cugini Italian Imports and Deli…960 Wallula Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362) situated a few miles west of downtown. We bought some cheese but, since it was 3:00, didn’t eat anything. Boy, that was a mistake I bet because everything sure looked and smelled good! When we go back, that’ll be a lunch spot for sure.

We will debut the wines at Taste Washington in Seattle at the end of the month. No distribution yet on the West-side or otherwise, but I’ll be starting to make some trips out there soon to try to get our wine in some shops and restaurants in the area. Our full website will launch soon as well, with an online store and other details on how to find our wines. For now, I’m posting updates on our Facebook and Instagram.

Also +1 on Elephant Seven!

[/quote] There was an Italian Deli (Cugini Italian Imports and Deli…960 Wallula Avenue, Walla Walla, WA 99362) situated a few miles west of downtown. We bought some cheese but, since it was 3:00, didn’t eat anything. Boy, that was a mistake I bet because everything sure looked and smelled good! When we go back, that’ll be a lunch spot for sure.
[/quote]

I Cucina is a mandatory stop for us. Such a great, authentic family-run place with fantastic food at reasonable tariffs. And the owner is such a gracious, gregarious gal- it feels like her home there. You can bring your own wines too- I suggest that your stems accompany you, though. Enjoy!

We are too looking forward to checking out Elephant Seven this year!

If you’re there near lunch, hit the taco truck connected to Quirk Brewing. Unusual and outstanding.

Any last minute recommendation for wineries to visit? Decided last minute to go.

Any last minute recommendation for wineries to visit? Decided last minute to go.

Sleight of Hand & Dusted Valley.

As mentioned above, Elephant Seven. I think the “bunker” tasting room (super cool little spot out by the airport) is open for Latta Wines. Definitely stop by there.

Adding to this, a few of my Seattle wine friends went to part of the Taste Washington over this past weekend and were impressed by the wines from Time & Direction Wines. Apparently, they’ll have a pop-up tasting place over Cayuse weekend. Never had 'em, but these guys have great palates and I’d go there with utter confidence.

Agree, had them at Taste as well. Very good and yah, if they got a pop-up this weekend, it’d be worth checking out

Time & Direction has popup tasting room Friday 11/5 and Saturday 11/6 11AM-6PM, address is 270 E Cessna Ave, Walla Walla, WA 99362 (airport area).

Full Disclosure: Steve Wells (T&D owner and winemaker) is a personal friend, and I’m really excited to see that people are enjoying his wines.

Thanks for the heads up John, will definitely be stopping by the pop-up this weekend!

I am torn. I am one of the ones that Brandon R kindly described as having a good palate. I want to say the wines were terrible, so that it won’t be that crowded. But they were really wonderful wines, and very reasonably priced. In all seriousness, if you are looking for a new up and coming winemaker that you want to discover early – or you are out at the airport area anyway, I highly recommend a visit.

Many of my favs already mentioned but I’ll add my two cents. Aryn Morrell is very tallented and makes wines for a number of labels. He pours his Alleromb label and may have Morrell-Lawrence at his tasting room next to the bike shop on Main St. Also, Va Piano just down the street from Sleight of Hand is a must for me especially for Syrah. Enjoy