Cayuse waiting list. Anyone know of a person whose gotten on it recently?

I would venture a guess that more people have dropped from the waitlist due to apathy and/or palate shift than have ever been given an allocation of the wine.

I heard rumors of people getting on this list.

Ditto - Signed up 8/3/2009 and got the October 2015 offer.

Signed up in 2010/2011…losing interest.

I have no idea how long I have been on the list, though it was before 09 I believe. I find Christophe’s annual e mail to be pretty arrogant. I’m not sure why I don’t make it through the velvet rope. Probably because I have a Canadian address.

I was going to craft a response, but Sean (above) said exactly what I was going to say. Got in maybe 2 years ago, dropped it after two cycles.

Made the list last fall after 5/6 year wait. Only 1 3-Pak of their choice. Already on their other 2 labels. Great wines if you like that style and we do.

There are other great options…Reynvaan and Sleight of Hand, Psychedelic. You can always find someone willing to share their Cayuse or Reynvaan allocation, at cost and without much effort.

I gave up last release, sending the winery a note to remove me from their wait list. I think I had been waiting 5-6 years and decided it was time to move on. I just feel like now there is plenty of good CA syrah–Copain, Riverain, Carlisle–that can be enjoyed without having to sit around and wait for someone to say, ok, it is your turn now. Cayuse has built a great brand and following, and I wish them the best, too.