Cayuse Release Weekend

Thanks man! [cheers.gif]

Since I have to live vicariously now, I’m looking forward to your tasting notes from Cayuse and beyond!

We roll in like many others around 1pm Friday. Plan on finishing the day at Cayuse then dinner at Saffron.

It’s funny looking at the list of wineries everyone is attending- the usual suspects listed over and over.

For my palate, I’d say if someone is bothering to travel all the way to WW for Cayuse they obviously like WA syrah. This makes Rulo and Reynvaan must stops.

Other must visits include Trey and the new tasting room for Sleight of Hand. The '07 Chard was one of the top three best whites I’ve ever tasted from WA. I’m excited to see if the '09 can crack the list.

Gramercy to test out the new man cave as well as support Greg who contributes to the board.

I declare these 5 wineries as absolute must stops… hope everyone has safe travels and let’s enjoy some wine!

So I have wine to pick-up from Abeja, 07 Reserve Cab Sav, and they told me it will be waiting @ my hotel as they are going to be OOT with the winery essentially closed to visitors this weekend?

I tasted Trey’s latest Chard out of barrel just before bottling, and Oh My God it is amazing.

As I’m now unable to make it to WW, the rental I was using is available. If anyone needs (or knows of someone who needs) a last minute place to stay:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/vac/2309022085.html

Glenn,
Thanks for the tip. This is what I get for not taking care of everything myself. The one task I gave to someone, they muck it up! I’ll double check with Abeja myself and see if they will indeed be out of town. Maybe the appointment he made at Abeja only existed in his already depleted mind :slight_smile:

I’m all for pouring wine out for our fallen homies, but Cayuse??? Well, maybe a lil Edith Rose…
ps…Get well soon MIke and Scott!

Re: Abeja… surprised they would choose to be closed this weekend. Already noticing how many other wineries are emailing/posting they will be open this weekend due to Cayuse. There is no doubt it will become a significant source of revenue for those wineries who care about such things…

And John, you now have me extra excited to try Trey’s Chard! (although I now realize the new tasting room doesn’t open until May)

Depending on where my tour guides take us for the weekend I’m sure the Ms’ and I could be persuaded into catching beverage on Saturday night. Any of you folks planning to check out Charles new “World Headquarters” Saturday? Could provide for some excellent people watching… [barf.gif] [pillow-fight.gif]

Tom, I’d suggest calilng/e-mailing Trey and see about his availability and if the new TR will be open.

We’ll be getting in around 5ish on Friday and will probably end up at Jim German later that night if we don’t try out Brasserie 4 as it seems to be getting pretty good reccs and trying Whoop em on Saturday. Cayuse 1st up on Saturday then Gramercy, Spring Valley, and Trey. Sunday going to see Matt at Reynvaan, Northstar, maybe waters and another thrown in as well. Should be a good time as always.

Can’t wait to rally both nights! Jared, Abeja is definitely closed this weekend. Molly emailed me last week because we were hoping to drop by as well. Oh well. Their loss. On another note, if you crack that neutral barrel cayuse this weekend I better be invited:).

Have been resisting opening this thread due to the angst over having to cancel my weekend; at least Mike and I can be brothers in (empty) arms this weekend. [cry.gif]

Have fun everyone. Do post some Cayuse Barrel Tasting notes if you would, curious how our babies are developing…

FYI, the house has been rented for the weekend.