Cayuse Release Party

We always go Friday, less crowded as a rule.

I went to one of these about 4 years ago. Wine and food were great but the elbow to elbow crowd ruined it for me.

My expectation is that it will be much less crowded this year, what with so many 2015s that would typically be picked up at the party not being released due to the cork debacle. Even so, Fridays are always more enjoyable than the Saturday mobs.

Thanks, very helpful!

Hey Seattle folks- Anyone going to Cayuse weekend and willing/able to pick up wine for me? I may end up getting stuck (once again) in Wenatchee for a 14U baseball tournament- and my back-up option just bailed on me. Please DM me if you are willing, and I am sure we can work out a thank you reward.

I can do it for you, though I am in Seattle only a couple times a month.

I can have my dad pick it up.

I’m going, and I can pick up for you.

Thanks for the generous offers- Knew I could count on folks from here! Sorting through the options- will reach out direct.

tom…where did you flying into from seattle? didn’t even know that was option

Not Tom, but you can fly into Walla Walla or Tri cities.

We flew into a Walla Walla and out of Tri Cities. Walla Walla is ideal but the outbound flight did not work.

Tom

Any attendees have notes they’d like to share? Visit any other wineries that stood out while in W2?

Camaspelo and En Chamberlin were the stand outs for me.Food was great as usual.They were pouring 2011 Bionic Frog that to me was muted and maybe in a shutdown phase.
It was great seeing Bob and Cathy Betz as well.Had an absolute blast at Sleight of Hand Cellars tasting with Trey and crew , best tasting experience in WW. The single best wine I had all weekend was the Force of Nature Syrah he made as a tribute to his friend and mentor Eric Dunham.Trey is definitely knocking it out of the park up and down the lineup.

For me the Flying Pig was the standout (2016). It was reminiscent of an excellent right bank bdx. I thought the 2011 BF was good, but agree it was a bit muted. That is the nature of the vintage I think. My sense is it will get better with age, but that is just my guess!

We had a good tasting at Seven Hills. They are organizing some of their library wines, and may sell them from time to time. Seven Hills was one of the first WA wines I bought in the late 80s, so it holds a special place for me. We also had some excellent wine at Gramercy. Given that we were with our 18 month old, we did not explore as much as we normally might!

BTW, the food at Cayuse was catered by Lark this year (and apparently last year). As always, the food was excellent. We did not need much dinner that night!