Caymus 2012 surprisingly re-selling for a few multiples???

I think they’re saying that, at 122,000 cases, this is an industrial product.

Haha oh yes, that is true. Also lends to being “industrial” in that it tastes the same every year.

Not a bad thing generally and it is clearly working, but nobody is mistaking this for a “handcrafted” wine with those #’s.

Ha!

Was gifted a case and will never drink.

Getting rid of my 3L of this, buy something else fun

Caymus is always a crowd pleaser, boom boom boom

I was thinking that it really depends on the crowd, but then all these people on this thread are willing to sell theirs, and I’m wondering how they all ended up with any to sell in the first place . . . [scratch.gif]

Well then, www.winebid.com should work too!

My dad always made this arguement about Engelbert Humperdink. He is rich and people love him, so his music must be good.

Sweet/ripe/lush reds have a large and growing audience. It’s not really right or wrong, it’s just what some people like.

In movies, TV, music, books and elsewhere, you often have more obscure works adored by critics and enthusiasts, and other ones which attract huge audiences but are disdained in so-called elite opinion. Watch, read and drink what you want, there are plenty of options for everyone.

Having said that, and despite being someone who strives to find the good in most wines and not to be a snob about the ones that don’t appeal to me, I really disliked the Caymus 2012. Not only did I just not like the taste or texture, but it just didn’t even feel like a wine experience to me.

I did have it a second time maybe two years ago, when a civilian friend brought one to drink in the clubhouse after golf, plus he had it decanted for several hours. I wouldn’t have thought age would improve that wine, but it was moderately better and less outlying of an experience that time. Still not my thing, but it didn’t completely throw me for a loop like when I had it near release.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1041518091845287936

Mariah wants to down that Caymus flirtysmile

Here’s my answer but YMMV. I used to love Caymus before it got way to over extracted and manipulated. I still like their Special Selection. When these came out I was offered 750’s for $55 and One Liters for $65 on pre-order. I loved the novelty of the 1L bottles and the price seemed like a great deal so I grabbed a bunch. Once I actually tasted them [bleh.gif]

Sold three bottles a while back for $200 each. Kept three 750’s and two 1l in my collection. Waiting for $300 per

Looks like pricing has come back down a bit. Wanted to sell my inventory can’t find any takers

Winebid has been mentioned a couple of times. Even if prices have softened a bit, you’d still come close to making double its original cost, even after commissions. That’s not bad for a wine that was gifted to you and you’ll never drink.

Winebid needs 2500 minimum value, and not selling anything else I have right now…

I’m not saying the current prices make sense, but they did turn the 40 Anniversary bottling up to 11. It’s closer to the Special Selection in style than the regular bottling usually is. Of course, with what people are getting, one could just buy the SS, which does probably taste the same every year.

https://www.klwines.com/Auction/Bidding/AuctionBidDetail.aspx?sku=1533925&searchId=4703935b-6d1d-4092-8a4f-7069c7f8edbc&searchServiceName=klwines-prod-productsearch&searchRank=13

Almost $300 a bottle!!

Cmon 2022!!!

This is crazy. $290/bottle? What?

Wow. Just donated one for a charity auction. Hope there’s some takers!

Whoa…