Can you saber sparkling juice with a bottle cap?

The better question is of course “Can you saber a bottle of Champagne with MIND BULLETS?”

I would so chest-bump you if we were hanging out right now.

You forgot the peanuts and gluten.

I’ve seen it done with the base of a wine glass, so I think any hard, thin but dull edge will do it.

I don’t know. Unless the juice bottle is the same design as a Champagne bottle (quality glass, seam along the side, ridged attached top) this seems like it probably won’t work as planned.

Also, when I read the thread title I did briefly imagine using a bottle cap to whack open the bottle.

That’s how I actually did read it at first and it took me a while to figure out what the hell Todd was talking about. It’s friday.

469BD9B6-128C-4A8E-8C0C-D905A9F7A045.gif

How much are these bottles of sparkling juice. You could always just buy a couple extra (read ‘cases’ here) and give it a go? Sounds like a great day out;-)

In all seriousness, I do always wear glasses when I do it - have had a bottle explode on me before, not much fun… a nice pair of shades ought to do it the job though.

I seem to remember doing this with a bottle of tomato ketchup once so pretty sure you can do it with anything as long as the bottle’s thick enough.

The caps on the sparkling cider I buy are crown caps, also known as crown corks, not screw caps.
In addition to having surgeons on hand, I suggest a couple of good attorneys. Plus your insurance agent. And a psychiatrist asking why anyone would want to do this. Particularly with minors.

Well? What happened?

You clearly have not met my son, K-John!

Kid events went late last night so we’ll attempt it this morning. I have eyewear, steel-toed boots, bubble wrap, plexiglass enclosure, shark-mesh full body suit, and the local Fire Department on hand.

It was horrible! The tragedy! The humanity! [cry.gif] [cry.gif]

But I must respect Todd’s last wish and take up the mantle of leadership at WB.

So listen up mofos, you’re all on notice! This will be a tight ship from this point on! No more Mr. Nice French Guy.