Can it get better?... Probably, but I thought I would share

A nice night here as well. Opened a couple of bottles
1982 Petrus
1967 d’Yquem

Listening to Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up on repeat.

Had one of those rare days, and as I sit here waiting for a Bordeaux to warm up a bit, was thinking about this thread.

Slept in, took a very long walk with the wife and dogs on a perfectly sunny high '60s Florida spring-like weather. Had some eggs and bacon. Fell asleep on the couch watching Secy of State Kerry talk about the Russian-Ukraine Crisis. Popped up, had a double espresso, headed to the club with the wife and kid and his friend. Had a nice leisurely lunch on the lakeside restaurant watching the kids paddle board - they were in heaven with a 5:1 ratio between them and a group of cute girls hanging out on the lake as well. Then watched Nick get abused for an hour with his Brazilian tennis coach, the guy works him so freakin hard it’s great. Nick is line one tomorrow in his high school tennis match; good to seeing him stroking the ball so well. Head home, glass of wine, read, fall asleep on the couch again. Pop up, another shot of espresso, and boom, I’m out on the road bike for two hours of cycling with some hard intervals. Time for a quick shower.

A rare weekend where I touched no work at all. None.

I’m starting to rethink that Bordeaux, may go with a Beaujolais. Wife grilling chicken thighs, yum!

Cheers everyone.

I envy you Robert. I’m at 30,000 ft heading to LAX. I was supposed to be at home cooking a nice big pasta dish for my wife and kids, then putting the kids down and finally getting to sip on some wine while eating said pasta. That would have been wonderful and a wine moment for me… Instead my morning flight was canceled and I’m into LAX and the. On to San Francisco tomorrow early for a meeting in Palo Alto. At least I will have dinner at Piperade with friends tomorrow, but I feel robbed of my evening and weekend…

G

PS the wine on American domestic flights sucks. Even in the front.

Tonight’s backyard moment, a pretty good pairing that doesn’t get much better.
Paul Chambers.jpg
and some Clos Pepe.

• 2010 Clos Pepe Estate Pinot Noir - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (4/9/2014)
    Good start for this wine right out of the chute. Riper toned than what I usually reach for these days, but within that frame, a good dollop of pure red cherry fruit, some pine and earth on a slick, fatter texture. This is just without any air so for a pop and pour view, this can work. With air, after about 2 hours, this starts to show a lot of brown spice, clove and 5 spice and darker fruit. There is cherry still here, it sweetens up some, and what joins is some of that richer, darker fruit. I get no heat here but the fruit is bigger, for sure. Yet, to the credit of Wes, still some of the red fruits in the background–cranberry and some zesty acid sitting in the riper frame. For those running in the AFWE set, I’d simply chill this down more than normal and that leans out some of the richer qualities. I have one bottle left, I will drink it over the next 1-2 years, as I don’t see any benefit in aging this wine–enjoy it now, bigger but balanced.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’m doing work with a glass of Rivers Marie 2012 Summa Pinot (babykilling I know) in hand. I really need to buy more RM wines.

LAX is my least favorite airport. I have had a lot of bad luck flying out of that airport.