Cabot Vineyards- let's get vertical

Spring has finally broken in Ohio, it can only mean one thing… Syrah Sixer coming soon! [cheers.gif]

My order was just delivered here in VA. Thanks, John!

• 2009 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Kimberly’s - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (12/26/2015)
    Dark opaque ruby red. Dark red berry nose. Dry raspberry with chewy tannins, medium body and fruit, pomegranate and red plums with some stone fruit tannins, blood and leather. The acid leads the fruit with the tannins not far behind. Drinks well now with food and shows potential for further improvement with more time to smooth out the rough edges.
    Another night and the rough edges are smoothed. It is drinking more like an OR pinot with the tart red berry acid focused profile, really nothing like the '06 which I have had many times. Much more restrained in the fruit and more Old World. '09 was a warm year in OR, this is more cool climate in nature with zappy acid and tannins. I would like to give another day or so, but this was popular and my last glass. A lot of upside with age on this one. I does not seem that Cabot ever gets old. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker