Cabo San Lucas: Recs?

last post 3 years ago but i’m going to las ventanas next month
i’m looking for current restaurant info
whether or not it’s worth a taxi into the main town one evening
and if the sportfishing is as good as i’ve heard

if ventanas is as good as all the reviews i’m not sure i’m going to want to leave the property
i’m there for 5 days
thanks

We generally just stay at the resort the whole time (so we pick resorts we’re willing to do that at). I personally have not had a meal in town that I think is worth the hassle. A couple of years ago we did have a very nice meal at Toro, but we were staying at Esperanza so it was just a quick golf cart ride up there. Not sure if I’d say it’s so great that I’d travel from another resort.

1 Like

I love the One & Only Palmilla. I’m also eager to stay at the new Montage down there. I do enjoy the towns, but we now pretty much stay on resort. The dining is good (if pricey) and it’s so easy.

We stayed at the Montage last time, and we liked it quite a bit. We are pretty devoted Montage fans, though (their general style fits with our preferences). The beach is nice, but I haven’t stayed at Palmilla so I can’t make a comparison (I’ve heard great things about it, though).

Yes, the Palmilla has a swimable beach–it’s not huge but it’s quite nice and usually pretty empty. You can usually just grab a cabana on the spot and, for free, check out paddle boards, sailboats, etc. More generally, the Palmilla’s location is phenomenal–right on a point flanked by two beaches. The southern (larger and more picturesque) beach is not swimmable; the northern beach is swimmable.

As to the Montage, I have had great experiences in Laguna and Deer Valley. And I’m all for the arms race of luxury Cabo hotels these days. Everyone wins–especially with a 2hr flight from Houston.

FWIW, I’ve been to every currently open Montage except Palmetto Bluff (not counting the Pendry line). My favorite is Kapalua Bay, then Laguna, then probably a tie between Deer Valley and Los Cabos (obviously incredibly different experiences, of course).

any more info on las ventanas?
things not to miss, things to avoid etc etc
would love to fish if i don’t have to go too far and don’t need to do a full day charter to be on the fish
other than that, ceviche, tacos, cerveza and good tequila and will be all good

I’ve never been to Las Ventanas, so I have no feedback there, but I have heard great things about it. Please report back!

Don Sanchez
Habanero’s Gastro Grill

Roasted near downtown Cabo is my favorite. It is a small stand alone restaurant that grills over wood. The shortribs were spectacular.

It’s fairly amazing. Might have been watching Jennifer Aniston in the pool and the tequila talking. LOL

Lots of great resorts in Cabo, to piggy back on some of the other comments besides Las Ventanas, One & Only and Montage I would HIGHLY recommend The Resort at Pedregal. Little bit more Mexican styling but I’ve yet to meet someone who stayed there and didn’t love it.

I’ve heard Pedregal is awesome. It’s on my list.

sounds great mark, enjoy
the swimmable beach is what i will miss the most at ventanas
i hope there’s enough other features to keep me distracted…