Buying slowdown has commenced, and it shows!

Evidently I’m picking up your slack. While intending to slow things down a little over last year, I’ve done the exact opposite. Even ordered more crap yesterday! While sitting on the beach.

We know what you did.

One of my favourite Toronto restaurants is always packed on the weekend. This past Friday there were only 4 or 5 tables, and they said it had been extremely slow all week.

Yesterday we had a chat with a woman who runs a shop on Toronto’s Danforth, an area that’s always busy with shoppers. She said she only had 7 sales all week.

Sad. And ridiculous.

I’m ready to slow down buying, and I’m 36! Bought too much rose last year and wasn’t happy to find that my 12+ bottles remaining have all gone over the hill. Have about 400 bottles of wine, but I also drink cocktails and beer so I’m’ not drinking it as quickly as I thought. I don’t like the idea of having a bunch of over the hill wine so I’m slowing down as well. I keep checking WineBid to see if prices will plummet, but I guess that will take a recession first for that to happen.