Buying a gas grill: propane vs. hard-lining to my home's natural gas?

The only bad thing about hard pipe is if you forget to turn off the gas when you are done grilling. I’ve only done it once!!!

Definitely appreciate the post. I have a natural gas line coming out of the house, but have resisted the urge to buy a gas grill because I’m totally willing to sacrifice convenience for flavor :slight_smile: Then, I realized it took me 40 minutes to get my fire where I wanted it last night, it was cold a f outside and I smelled like a chimney. Considering a gas grill for fish and chicken now.

I have a hard wired gas line right next to where I keep my BGE but haven’t found I have wanted to get a gas grill. I light the bge with my weed torch which takes a min then just let the coals burn for 20 minutes and it’s good to go.

Same for me up until now, and for your exact reasons. I have the room and, sometimes, convenience trumps perfect charcoal grilling.

For me, it’s simple, for most of the year, my weber (propane) is in it’s place on the patio that makes the most sense to me. But once outdoor patio season is over and the cold weather (and snow and rain) start to kick in, I move the grill right to the bottom of the stairs down to the patio so I’m able to zip in and out of the house in the bad weather and not stand around in a pile of snow.

Makes sense…and I freely admit that as a Californian I sometimes forget that patio set-ups have “seasons” in other locales and that the ability to move a grill closer to the door and/or under eves would be nice.