Burgundy question: brett vs earth

Thank you all for the thoughts. Brett, geosmin, stems, yeasts… difficult to pin down (indeed with some folks contradicting each other)… although I wonder if geosmin the driver or some of the other compounds found in this related article:

But I imagine intelligent folks will disagree (eg one experienced taster called the 2012 Meo Boudot very bretty on the nose, while another thought it was excellent… I just noticed a strong earthy note… that sometimes pops up in tasting notes described as ‘mushrooms’). I do like a note of earth in my wine (my spouse makes fun of me, “can we find you some wine with dirt in it” ) and don’t mind a touch of barnyard (which I thought would be considered a tiny amount of brett)… but feral wines that smell of sweaty animals are not my thing.

so I suppose you also dislike La Tache, any Leroy, any Rousseau … [whistle.gif]

I’d need to taste them first before I know. Preferably blind, I dislike the idea of drinking labels.

But I’m not saying using new oak is a bad thing. I only dislike the taste. I’m perfectly fine if I’m drinking a wine aged in 100% new oak barrels and I don’t pick up any excessive oak character.