Burg Producer Stylistic Graph

Martin,
You are most welcome! I knew I had this somewhere in the dark corners of my files.

Keith,

Thanks for your work! Glad to know who is responsible.

Keith, I remember when you did this. I always thought it was super cool!

Where is Maison Ilan?

Right next to DRC. Hence, you canā€™t see them too and like DRC difficult to procure neener

Based on recent tasting of H Neollat I would move them to a different corner altogether. More in to Classical verging towards contemporary

Le Moine belongs in the bottom right had quadrant

Very interesting. I wish there is a dimension on sous bois ( undergrowth ) in the chart

Hi Keith,
A goof friend is putting on a Perrot-Minot tasting tomorrow - I passed him your chart.
You said ā€œThe thing that gave me the biggest chuckle was making Perrot-Minot literally off the charts in the oaky category but I donā€™t think anyone ever picked up on the humorā€ - whatā€™s the joke there? He needs to know:~] - sad thing is I have to miss the event.

Itā€™s in the middle of oaky/modern but it sees no new oak - minimum 5 year old wood.

Thanks. Was aware of that and Keithā€™s rationaleā€¦

I believe Arnoux-Lachaux was simply the new name for Domaine Robert Arnoux, where Lachaux had been making the wines for a decade or more.

That is correct. But Pascal Lachaux was a separate label that predated the change of the name of Domaine Arnoux.

No it isnā€™t.

Alright! Weā€™re just one or two steps away from another Burgundy Brawl. [berserker.gif]

No brawl, Iā€™m reading it wrong - oaky more positive, fruity more negative along the Y axis. But wait a minute, Leroy is at a similar Y coordinate and theyā€™re 100% new oak (I thought). So I still donā€™t get it :slight_smile:.

Ah
Put 3 burgundy fans in a room and youā€™ll get 7 different opinions [banhim.gif]

Stan, I donā€™t get why Ponsot is on the ā€œoakyā€ side eitherā€¦ but I havenā€™t had a bottle from this century yet so WTF do I know?

IT ISNā€™T

MAYBE WE HAVE A DIFFERENT IDEA OF HOW A CHART SHOULD BE LAYED OUT THEN. neener [pwn.gif]

So do we keep yelling virtually at each other? Iā€™m always up for a good on-line throw down. [pillow-fight.gif]

Ponsot is clearly within the Fruity/Contemporary quadrant.