Building a wine storage room in Denver area: contractor recommendations?

Is it a similar price point to Acorn?

I felt like it was less expensive. It was just under $100 for two of us. We each had two cocktails, we split an app & dessert, and we each had an entree (SO was an actual entree, I had three tacos).

I use Corkscrews as my off-site storage. They have 3 locations: Boulder, Denver, close to Mile High Stadium(sorry, I have to keep calling it that due to all the name changes), and one at the Tech Center. Brooks the owner is great.

Denver folks, just got an email today from Denver Wine Merchant offering 10% off a purchase using the code 1stsubscriber. They ship/deliver to Colorado, Florida, and DC. You can browse their selection online too.

Theyā€™re located off 38th and I25 if anyoneā€™s in that part of town.

Heads-up all, Applejack wine is having their annual Burg and Bordeaux sale: 15%-30% off

Thanks, Max! Signed up for their newsletters.

Online or in store or both?

I believe itā€™s both

Just saw this, best of luck in your new place Patrick! Iā€™ll miss our chats, gonna make sure you didnā€™t leave anything behind :wink:

[cheers.gif]

Hey Alan!

Iā€™ll miss our chats as well! My stash is still in place. Hopefully, weā€™ll be able to share a bottle before it leaves The Bank. Iā€™ve got to go back to arrange things at some point.

Pat

Found this thread as I am looking to replace two closets in our Denver Bungalow with a wine cellar and looking for some advice. Good read and like where the discussion went with restaurants.

A few other suggestions-

Asian- Cholon
Pizza- Joy Hill
Misc- Chook
American- Fruition

Agree Matsuhisa and il posto are good but can be skipped.

Glad to have found WB and some CO wine lovers!

Rich

Glad to see you here Rich! Chook is about 6 blocks from me and I still havenā€™t made it there yet. Itā€™s definitely on the list, though. Joy Hill Iā€™ve been to. I thought it was solid for the $$$, but not somewhere Iā€™d go out the way for, more of an ā€œIā€™m hungry and oooh thereā€™s Joy Hill aightā€ kind of place.

I know this is over a month old but thanks for the info! Iā€™ve never heard of Denver Wine Merchants and they are just a few miles from me.

I also think, Hazels and Cured in Boulder are great. Completely different atmospheres but both have great selections.

No problem, and 10% off your first online purchase with code 1stsubscriber!

Thank you! About to place an order.

I am a new berserker in the Denver area that would enjoy getting better connected in the wine scene with tastings, trades, etc. I have a solid collection and simply want to meet more like minded people. Any ideas?

Right now, afraid not. Although the Vineyard wine shop is doing weekend Zoom tastings, love those guys.

100%. I am a huge fan of Nathan over there. Keep me in mind if you ever do want to do something post this Covid world we are in. I am newer to collecting and love to learn.

1 Like

Same as you I am looking forward to post covid and meeting more more of the Denver Beserkers! Janor at Total Wine off Colorado is a great reference along with everyone at Pearl Wine Co.

1 Like

Weā€™ve definitely got a few names from a couple of these threads, hopefully the end is nearā€¦!