Boxes that smell corked

Couldn’t agree more. I used to drive by Camp Paper in Franklin VA and that was where I learned what TCA smells like.

Agree with what? The comment you quoted just said the paper mill smell is very distinct from TCA.

I started buying only organic baby carrots; problem solved (no chlorine wash, or whatever they do to conventional carrots that gives them that odor/flavor.)

I got the most corked wine shipper box of all time once. Your hands and arms reeked of it just from handling the box. The exterior of the bottles were the same, but when I opened them, the wine was fine.

I had never heard anyone else describe carrots - the babies - as corked. So this was confirmation I am not psycho for several times expostulating aloud that, “These carrots are corked!!”

And I had no idea whatsoever why that might actually be true.

Also, having childhood familiarity with both the Rome, GA paper mill, and another former one in Port St. Joe, Florida, I will also chime in that, while very memorably disgusting, they are not at all like TCA or wet cardboard, but much more sulfurous in character. The owner of the one in Florida shut it down and has made far more profit with their beachfront property sans smelliness than they did milling paper!

Most times I enter the terminal at DIA (Denver) I get a blast of what I associate with as TCA from what I presume is the result of their cleaning solution used in those sliding door entries. I sorta laugh to myself each time.

Sounds more like they’re using a cleaning problem.