Bottle Shape - why?

That has got to be hand bottled, labeled, etc. Gives me a headache even thinking about the problems that one would cause on a bottling line.

I actually didn’t think about that. Truthfully, it can be a little tough to shove a wide-bottomed, large-punted champagne bottle back into an ice bucket. This would definitely solve that. I still wouldn’t buy it, though. A cruel joke: buy a bunch of this and serve it to a large, boozy crowd on NYE and watch the spills as bottles are set down.

Might be good for college women at frat parties too.

Someone who doesn’t want it to be way too cold when it’s poured.

I would never buy a wine in such a stupid bottle.

Bottled normally, but corked and labeled by hand. They have a manual cork machine next to the bottling line with a rubber ring on the base to hold the bottles of Kripta in place when inserting the cork.

The production is quite small and is definitely a labour of love. Agusti is a really nice person, very passionate about his wines. I was at the winery in November and got to meet and chat with him for a while.

I’d be interested in the stress distribution of the pressure the wine places on the bottle.

More or less stress than having a punt? (This may not even be an issue. I grew up being told the punt allows a champagne bottle to maintain integrity at the higher pressures champagne is associated with.)

Stupid bottle.

…at someone else’s house!

The punt distributes the stress more evenly compared to flat-bottomed bottles. The bottle integrity is even stronger in that kind of amphora-shaped bottled compared to a punted bottle. The strongest vessel would logically be a perfectly round sphere, where the pressure would be distributed evenly to the whole inside surface, but I can imagine stacking those kinds of “bottles” in your cellar would be a major PITA. [snort.gif]

I’m still surprised all the hate the wine gets just because of its bottle, with most people saying they wouldn’t even touch the wine because of the stupid bottle shape. That’s pretty sad, seeing that it is one of the greatest Spanish sparkling wines out there.

The producer chose to shift the focus from the contents to the packaging when it adopted such a ridiculously gimmicky bottle that fails miserably at a key element of its function. What kind of idiot bottles multiple servings of a liquid in an unstable package that requires the user to either pour it all out at once or figure out a way to keep it vertical to avoid spilling the contents?

I’m with Mike. The producer is effectively saying, “if you want to taste my wonderful wine I’m going to make the experience as miserable as possible”.

I’d be happy to taste the wine if someone else took care of all the bottle handling. But I also don’t want to encourage that kind of behavior by paying for it.

I can see your point in that I steer clear of those weightlifter bottles that weigh 3-4 times the normal, full 75 cl wine bottle. That’s a trend I don’t want to encourage with my money.

I like this Cava for quite some years, I like the bottle shape as wel, and not only at the beach [cheers.gif]