Boston Restaurant Recommendations

Going for a long weekend and would appreciate any advice

Recent discussion

And not quite as recent but still relevant.

One of my favorites is Neptune Oyster Bar in the North End at 111:30 am for lunch. Seldom a wait or better yet, get there at 11:15

1 Like

I work a few days per month in Cambridge. Right around the corner from your hotel there’s haley.henry (wine and tinned fish/charcuterie). You can get from downtown Boston to the far west end of Cambridge in a half hour (even with some traffic) by taxi or Uber/Lyft, so there’s no need to stick to just the downtown, especially as your hotel is just a couple of blocks from the Park St. station where the Red Line gets you to Cambridge/Somerville in a few minutes. Take the Red line to Davis Square (this is the Tufts University stop) and walk a few blocks to Spoke Wine Bar. Or take a taxi/Uber/Lyft to Nathalie (same somm as haley.henry), which is in the Fenway Park area.
In Cambridge I can recommend Puritan & Co., Urban Hearth, Season to Taste, The Hourly (oysters!), and Forage. Have eaten at Puritan three times in the last couple of months. Suggest a reservation at the chef’s counter at Urban Hearth (which is tiny). Actually reservations for all these places is a good idea. You can always have the restaurant bag up a bottle if you don’t finish it at table.