Bordeaux 2016 vs 2018

These are very pricey objects, and reputedly do not appreciate like fine Bordeaux.

My UK based wine dealer shared an email he had from Lafite confirming they will be having a commemorative label for their 150th.

Or a wife with a trophy pool boy

I don’t know. I hear the pool boy really appreciates the trophy wife. And, er, vice versa

2016 Pichon Lalande is absolutely awesome and up there with the very best of the vintage - tasted again at the chateau in April.

(commercial disclaimer - I have sold a lot of this as a result, and currently list some)

er… we need to correct this thread drift before it gets really out of hand

so here’s a tedious return to the OP’s question: here in the UK the consensus seems to be that 2016 left bank claret is likely to be a better long term choice than 2018. and as Tom says, Lalande 2016 is superb. happily many 2016s haven’t increased in price since release.

Chris, numerous great wines from both 2016 and 2018. Many here and elsewhere touting the 16 Pichon Lalande and I hear the 18 PL may be one of the top wines of the vintage and also selling for around $180 on futures. The 18 Canon ($125), Rauzan Segla ($115), Beychevelle ($84) and Domaine de Chevalier ($72) on futures are also highly rated wines at somewhat lower prices (in case price matters pileon ). It may ultimately boil down to the style of wine you most prefer - because the available choices are numerous! [cheers.gif]

In all formats, including 375?

Well played, sir. [notworthy.gif]

Agreed. Not sure why it is that the choices are only between 2016 and 2018 when there are vintages like 2005 around that already have 14 years of age on them.

Wouldn’t it be his trophy wife who has the pool boy?

Define “has”

You are in deep trouble if you need this defined. [snort.gif]