Bordeaux 2000 blind tasting

Great report and sounds like a great tasting. I’ve tried the 00 Troplong Mondot recently and it has softened some and is enjoyable now but it’s peak years are still ahead. Thanks for all the data points!!!

2000 was my first en premier buy. The advice was was to sit on the Ducru Beaucaillou for ten years before opening. Here it is 19 years later, and I’m still holding!

Great discussion and tips on which to hold/bury deep and a few to maybe try. Appreciate it

Cheers

Sounds like people were right - they have not aged!

Another thought - I remember seeing Parker on TV (Charlie Rose I think) raving about the vintage. My kids were young and I had limited funds but one was born in 2000 - gave me excuse to buy

So I went deep on the vintage for me at the time and bought several six packs. My first futures purchase LLC; Leovile Barton, Pontet Canet, Malescott, Haut Bergey. I drank some too young (mainly the last two) but still have most of the others. I picked up Lynch Bages, Pichon Baron; Ducru, Montrose and a few others over the years -am largely holding these still