Bora Bora recommendations?

How was your trip Todd? Curious to hear about the recently renovated Pearl…hope you had great weather.

omG it was incredible - I almost wept (seriously) when we were leaving. It was more beautiful than photos can capture, even though they capture it so accurately, there’s a beauty that can only be experienced while there. We spent the entire time (other than maybe 4 dinners out, 2 more that were cancelled due to storms) on our dock, reading, chilling, snorkeling, kayaking (free rentals at the resort) - an entire week of just enjoying the incredible view, basically. It was meant to be a once-in-a-lifetime trip, but we both insisted we’d have to go back. Likely to the same resort, though I imagine the prices will only go up from now on.

The row of overwater bungalows across from us was empty, as they are under construction, and serendipitously the week we were there had no construction workers because of the holidays. We barely saw 20 people on the whole huge resort, but plenty of fish, stingrays, and just gorgeous views that we never tired of. The room had multiple water views - over the bathroom sink, at the edge of the bed, etc - and I couldn’t get enough of those at night when we were indoors, lights shining down on the water. Oh, man…what a gorgeous trip
tempImage4pLdi9.gif

Glad you had a great time… it really is a beautiful place! :slight_smile:

That’s great-we’ve gone 5 times now, and I’m thinking about when 6 will be. We were there about 7 weeks ago and had 1 bad storm, and it rained 2 or 3 times for 10-15 minutes-otherwise it was pretty perfect.

Yeah, we had 2 nights of storm, other small 15 minute rains. Still…couldn’t believe how amazing it is there. Best money we’ve spent, really. Thousands and thousands of dollars gladly spent

1 Like

Next time go longer. Spend a few days in an Airbnb in moorea on the water. (Or a hotel owb)

We just came back from 12 nights in moorea…prefer it to bora bora, despite how amazingly beautiful and awesome BB is!

Glad to hear you had an amazing trip, Todd! It’s inspiring for those of us who’ve never been, not to mention good for you to recharge your batteries before BD…

Would love to, but 7 nights was a stretch as we still have child issues to deal with. One is nearly 18, but the other is only 15, and so finding a place for him to stay for that long proves to be difficult.

As for Moorea, I’ve heard great things, and we met a couple who spent a full 2 weeks all around Tahiti, and among where they ‘stayed’ was to charter a catamaran, where they cruised, lived, ate, etc. 2-person crew, 2 people on the boat, said it was amazing. Basically a floating B and B, but just for whomever is chartering it. Cruising from island to island, going to the ‘local’ spots, camping out over a massive reef, etc. THAT’S what we’ll do next when we go [cheers.gif]

As for ‘Boring Boring’, we absolutely loved doing absolutely nothing. Boring is exactly what we needed.

It’s a bucket list item for many, and SO worth it, trust me.

1 Like

Todd-fortunately you went when you did. Sounds like starting on 1/26 an negative PCR test will be required to fly back into the US. In Tahiti there is only one lab who can do the test and get PCR printed results back to you in 48 hours or less-and that is on the island of Tahiti. You would have to extend the trip 2-3 days and get to Tahiti, get the test, get the result before you could fly back. I can’t wait until things return to somewhat normal…

WOW! That has got to be difficult to get out there, holy crap!